South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 7, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 7, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Let's head northwest on a little bit shorter ride for some barbecue next Wednesday. We haven't been to Roy’s in a while, but I've been there several times since our last visit. The food is as good as it ever was, and Anne and her crew love to see motorcycles.

I'll put Roy's up against anything in Kansas City or St. Louis. The ribs are consistently good, and they do wonders with the lowly Polish sausage (leave the darkest one for me...) There are hot links, pulled pork, and brisket, too. If you want to pretend you're eating healthy at a BBQ joint they also have smoked turkey breast.

Wednesday is probably one of their slower days, but it still gets busy towards noon. Roy's is barely large enough to hold our group, so we might want to eat and run (or BS in the parking lot) so that the locals can have a place to sit. Try to be there at 11:00 when they open (do I really need to say that to this group?) to be sure you get a seat.

It's only about fifty miles from Wichita to Hutchinson, and a lot closer for those on the northern edge of our area. (I'll probably ride farther than the Moundridge guys this time.) For those of you down south, the food is worth a few extra miles.

My ST1300 is down for maintenance right now (I'm replacing the universal joint and refreshing the suspension,) so I'll be riding the KLR or the XR1200X for a few weeks. Neither has much in the way of luggage capacity, so I'll ask Brian to carry a few shirts to our lunches. If you need one, e-mail me or let me know at lunch and I'll make sure we have the proper size at our next meeting.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, October 7

PLACE:

Roy’s Hickory Pit Barbecue
1018 Nickerson Blvd.
(5th Avenue, west side of Hutchinson, the “old” road to Nickerson)
Hutchinson, KS 67501
(620) 663-7421

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Parkville Rider

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 7, 11:00 AM

Post by Parkville Rider »

Might be awhile on the map as neighbors contractor cut my cable this morning.

Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

We can always find it the old fashioned way: using the points of interest on the GPS ;)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

We had thirty-one people show up in Hutchinson today, on twenty-nine motorcycles. The motorcycles traveled 1502 miles, one way, to Roy's. It looks like Jr. came the farthest, ninety-eight miles from Oxford. Gibbo made the three mile trip from his place in Hutch for the shortest ride. The food was good, as usual, and it looks like everyone got fed in a reasonable amount of time. Charley should have some photos posted soon, if they're not here when you read this. I'll get next week's ride posted in the next couple of days.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos.. Gosh, this was an awesome day to ride a motorbike!
Attachments
a.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T