South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 9, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 9, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Junior found a new place, in Leon. The Prairie House Cafe is located on the east side of the main north/south street. Their menu includes breakfast, a daily special, burgers and other sandwiches, and dessert items. It's been a while since we had a place to visit in Leon, so let's give this one a shot next week.

It's hard to predict the weather this far in advance, but we may have a chance of rain the middle of next week. If Wednesday dawns wet, there's always the option of arriving on four wheels. I think I'll just put on the rain gear, if necessary.

As always, remember that the speed limit on US400 drops to fifty just before you get to the Leon turnoff. Better to contribute to Leon's economy by buying lunch, rather than paying a traffic ticket...

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, September 9

PLACE:

Prairie House Cafe
100 S. Main
Leon, KS
(316) 745-5004

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 9, 11:00

Post by roginoz »

We filled up the Prairie House today. I was the last one to arrive, and believe that I got the last seat. We had thirty people sign in, arriving on twenty-nine bikes, but I think a few must have left before the book got around to them. The food was good, and the folks in Leon seemed to appreciate our business.

We collected another twenty-one dollars for support of the website, bringing our South Central total to $109.51. I sent our contribution to Jerry via PayPal a few minutes ago.

Next week will be a joint ride with the North Central group. Many of us will be in Arkansas for the fall rendezvous, but Richard and I have arranged a good lunch location for those who can't make the trip to the Hub. I'll have something posted shortly.

Charlie was back with us this week, camera in hand, so check back for photos if they're not up when you read this. Maybe he'll post a link to his photos from the Colorado/Utah trip he and Ron made last week...
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 9, 11:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

I had that meatloaf special, got it quick and enjoyed the food. The feisty drink gal was a hoot. Photos below
Roger mentioned Ron, Mac and I rolled to Pikes Peak and beyond last week returning home on Saturday. That Saturday ride was 808 miles, how fun. The link is safe and no emails or bots will pester you if you take a look. Also posting a video of the last 10 minutes to the summit of Pikes Peak.

http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/pikepeak <-----photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mtc9vXKZcs <------ video
Attachments
1--.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
1b.jpg
2b.jpg
3b.jpg
4b.jpg
5b.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T