TUES 8/11/15 RILEY'S IRISH PUB, LEXINGTON, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 8/11/15 RILEY'S IRISH PUB, LEXINGTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

Old Riley's.png
Old Riley's.png (142.67 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
Riley's collapsed.jpg
RILEY'S IRISH PUB has opened in a new location.
202 S. 12th
Lexington, MO
660-259-4770 Bruce or Vicki

Gary's map makes it easy to plan a route and know how long it will take to get to our lunch. Thanks Gary.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

Private party, they are opening just for us as they did last time. Lunch only, opening at 10:30 am I am not worried about the turnout, the forecast is good, the riding is good and the food will be good.

I haven't seen their new place, but it used to be the Mayor's house. We will be in 3 rooms. This may be a little small and possible slow but they really want us to come. Vicki said "We have fond memories of the Romeos and we wondered if you would ever come back." We have to go ;)

[attachment=0]Ginger and Missy shopping in Lexington.jpg[/attachment] The girls did way too much shopping in Lexington. Glad we were on a motorcycle ;)
Checkout the fun we had on our last visit...yes that is the "POLISH PRINCE" http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... leys#p5661

Melissa made me pick Lexington, because she wants some PEACHES. I called RASA Ochard and they open at 8:00 am and have locally grown peaches.
[attachment=1]Rasa Ochard.jpg[/attachment]19510 Garr Road, Lexington, MO https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rasa-Orc ... 0666240049
There are 2 other good orchards in the area, Schreiman https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schreima ... 5634454014 and Peters, the biggest in Waverly http://www.petersmkt.com/

She is not done yet. She says I am wearing holes in the seat of my jeans from riding so much and I need some new jeans and her favorite place for me to buy jeans is Kleinschmidt's in Higginsville. Home of 19,000 pairs of boots :!: http://kleinboot.com/ If you haven't been in this place, it is worth the trip.

So, as you can see I have a full day ahead of me. Hope you can come along.

Remember this story the building callapses and hours later the owner dies...WEIRD :?
LEXINGTON, Mo. - A mixture of curiosity and disbelief drew people to Lexington's Main Street Thursday. Riley's Irish Pub and Grill fell to the ground overnight, and residents soon learned the similar news of its owner.

Jordan Gott said Riley's had become a landmark in Lexington.

"It's just been here for so long. It's part of the community," Gott said.

Riley's was the pride of its owner, Katherine Van Amburg.

"It was her baby. It was her favorite place in the world," Gott said.

Bob Eckhoff lives across the street from Van Amburg. He stopped by the pub as a favor for her cousin in California.

"Asked me to get a couple bricks as a memento," Eckhoff said.

Van Amburg might have picked up the bricks herself, but she's been battling cancer. And Thursday morning around 8 a.m., she died at the age of 69 -- just hours after the bricks hit the ground.

"An omen, ironic. I'm not sure the word that's needed here," Eckhoff said.

Van Amburg's friend and executor Georgia Brown said the pub was Katherine's true love. She said Van Amburg loved meeting everyone who came in.

"It was like 'Cheers' on television," Brown said.

That's why Van Amburg became such an important person to so many in Lexington.

"Kathy was a hallmark of what needed to be done in our town," Eckhoff said. "Kathy will be missed. As will her pub."

Structural problems at Riley's started a few years ago after a car hit the side of the building. The problem was fixed until a smaller collapse earlier this summer. At that point, Riley's moved to a temporary location. Van Amburg hoped to fix the century-old building and move the pub back in.

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Attachments
Rasa Ochard.jpg
Rasa Ochard.jpg (7.29 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
Ginger and Missy shopping in Lexington.jpg
CharlieD

Re: TUES 8/11/15 RILEY'S IRISH PUB, LEXINGTON, MO

Post by CharlieD »

Another perfect day for riding and the 224 route was a real treat today. The food was good but the wait was forever :-). Charlie & Kim
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

You all are so nice and understanding. This was not one of our better days, but you made it special.[attachment=19]001.JPG[/attachment]When I got home there was a message on my anserwering machine from the waitress/owner who used the walker. She was so please that we came to Riley's and hoped everyone was pleased. She couldn't stop talking about Harold and Kenny who made her feel like the "Ball Queen" You guys gotta stop kissing these waitresses ;)[attachment=18]003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]008.JPG[/attachment] [attachment=11]010.JPG[/attachment]It wasn't St. Patrick's Day so Frank didn't bring his hat.[attachment=12]009.JPG[/attachment]Even the phones came out and the reception wasn't very good.[attachment=13]008.JPG[/attachment]No one at this table was concerned about the wait. You have heard about "fish stories" and how big that fish was. Well, don't ask Gary and Kenny to tell you about their recent trip the Sturgis :lol: [attachment=10]011.JPG[/attachment] You will notice in none of the pictures above that there is no food. Yes, we had a lot of time to visit, but that is what we do best :lol:[attachment=0]FullSizeRender.jpg[/attachment]But when the food came it was worth waiting for. This was a wonderful homegrown tomato stuffed with chicken salad. It was as good as it looks and I even ate the lettuce :P [attachment=9]012.JPG[/attachment]I was feeling real bad, I saw Ron and the 6 "Romitos" come in. I knew there was no place to sit. One thing that hurts me is when guys come in and can't find a place to sit and leave. I thought Ron and his guys had left,when I was summons to a restaurant called the Spotted Pig that surrounds Rileys on two slides. Low and behold I walk into the Spotted pig and not only do I find the "Romitos" but a whole bunch of other Romeos. So it all worked out. The Spotted Pig is big enough to hold us and Ron said the food was good. I will plan an APPLE run in September and we will try the SPOTTED PIG!![attachment=8]013.JPG[/attachment]Look at the room. We will all fit in this one :!:[attachment=7]017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]016.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]015.JPG[/attachment] It was a beautiful day and we found a nice shade tree to sit under. We didn't know we were on the Spotted Pig's property :o That is why we are obligated to return to Lexington.[attachment=4]018.JPG[/attachment]Oh the peaches. Two of these didn't make it home. They are so good. Hope you stopped and got some. It's Peach Cobber tonight!![attachment=3]019.JPG[/attachment]And as promised I got a new pair of jeans. If you need riding boot, belts, shirts, jeans etc. You need to check this store out. They have everything.[attachment=2]021.JPG[/attachment]I always get inquiries and suggestions about name tags. Mary Rose and Bogie had this name tag made for me at the PX at Ft. Leavenworth. It is held on be two very strong magnets. They only cost $2. They have offered to get us some. If you would like one I will take orders for the next two weeks and will get you one. There at two lines of printing and you don't have to have ROMEO on it.
***********************************************************************[attachment=1]Fall Flier 2015.jpg[/attachment]
You need to plan to be at Scooter's for the group meal on Wednesday Evening September 16.
But you can come earlier for more riding and friendship. Monday night there is hotdogs roasted over a campfire.
Tuesday a full day of riding and whatever else you want but join the group on Wednesday night.
Here is the link to all the information
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=3621
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
018.JPG
019.JPG
021.JPG
Fall Flier 2015.jpg
Fall Flier 2015.jpg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 724 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

P1000569.jpg
P1000570.jpg
P1000571.jpg
P1000574.jpg
P1000572.jpg
P1000578.jpg
I just got some more FUN pictures from Mary Rose and Bogie
Great way to end a fun day in Lexington, MO ;)