South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 29 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 29 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I'm posting this a bit early, because I'm leaving for Colorado tomorrow. If you haven't already, be sure to check Charlie's report and pictures from this morning's ride.

Carolyn's is a ROMEOs favorite; good home made food, including the pie. Arlington is about sixty miles, and an hour's ride, from Wichita. We were there for lunch a few months back, but I don't believe we've had breakfast there for a while.

We'll be in the back room again, and can spill over into the front dining area if we have a huge turnout (which isn't uncommon when we go to Carolyn's.) The weather looks decent right now, but this is Kansas. If it turns out to be too wet, just hop in the car; it's still a nice ride.

I'll miss breakfast next week, as we'll be riding a few more mountain passes. Charlie will have the book, and I may be able to talk Brian into bring t-shirts and patches. (He's an easy mark when we're going to his favorite place...) I'll be back for the August 5th ride.

TIME:

9:00 AM, Wednesday, July 29

PLACE:

Carolyn's Essenhaus
104 E. Main St.
Arlington, KS 67514
620-538-4711

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 29 9:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

We had 17 ROMEO's ride or drive in this week, total about 900 miles one way. No doubt the rain kept some away. Breakfast was slow coming, this gave us a time to visit.
Do notice the last photo, my bike on the right. I left the helmet on foot peg with shield open so it would fill with rain water as I munched my biscuit and gravy. My excuse, I don't use a helmet much and don't know better. Wet head, was I.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 29 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Good to see that we had a few brave souls venture out today, and that Charlie got his helmet cleaned out for the trip to Sturgis... The weather up here in Colorado was perfect: cool, dry, very little wind.

While you guys were heading home from Arlington, Desmo Steve and I finished our Colorado mountain pass list today, crossing McClure Pass on CO 133 around noon. I believe that we've now crossed all of the paved passes in Colorado. Here's a link to a post in the "general" part of the forum, with some photos:

http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... 8576#p8576
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350