National Observed Trials Event

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
fifthave

National Observed Trials Event

Post by fifthave »

On June 13th and 14th the National Observed Trials eastern championship will be held in Nehawka Nebraska which is just west of Lincoln Nebraska. All of the national ranked riders will be there. If you have never watched motorcycle observed trials in person you owe it to yourself to go watch this. Admission is only five dollars. It is a part of motorcycle riding that you seldom get to see up close and in person. You can literally stand two feet away from a rider who will climb an 8 feet vertical wall. This is the last one of the nationals to be held in the midwest...next year it moves to tennessee. For more info go to mwta-trials.com. I don't work for them, I just restored a vintage trials bike (1974 TY 250 Yamaha) and rode my first trials this past weekend. Having done that I have a lot more respect for trials riders. I always thought it was kind of sissy sport. Nothing could be further from the truth. It takes years of practice to become a good trials rider....All age groups ride. A rider who was 84 years old rode trials and out rode me by a mile, as did lots of girls and even kids 9-10 years old. In summary it ain't as easy at it looks. If you have any doubts, just go try it. Also google Dougie Lampkin on you tube and look for the video where he rides thru the red bull offices. That is all :D :D :D
DennisG

Re: National Observed Trials Event

Post by DennisG »

Back in the 70's and 80's I road trials for 12 years, lots of fun.
JerryM100

Re: National Observed Trials Event

Post by JerryM100 »

Amazing stuff to watch.