Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 6/30/15 HARMER'S CAFE, EDGERTON, MISSOURI

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=0]Edgerton Harmers 8-11 001.JPG[/attachment]HARMER'S CAFE
501 Frank St
Edgerton, MISSOURI
816-790-3621 Amy or Karen

Gary's map makes it easy to plan a route and know how long it will take to get to our lunch. Thanks Gary.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

Breakfast served till 11:00. Breakfast and lunch specials. Amy said she would bring in extra help so the service would be FAST!! The food is good and there should be plenty of room. She said she would put us in the side room, but I told her we would need more room. She said no problem we can have the whole place. These are nice people and are looking forward to the ROMEOs coming to town.

Amy had heard we were in Gower and she was hoping we would come to Edgerton. Since Cook's Corner closed its location in Dearborn this may be our new popular location up north.

Here is a link to one of our previous visits. I see I tried to suggest a route, but it was closed. Anyway, there are lots of good road in this area, check 'em out!!
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... rton#p3335

Boy, I feel good. :roll: It is going to be a great day!! Hope you can come!! :P

********************************************************************************************************************
I have been neglecting the KC Romeo Photo Gallery, but since Bob was doing the honors last Tuesday I added a few pictures. If you haven't looked at the photo gallery in awhile, it is telling quite a story of old friends, new friends, old bikes and new bikes. Hope you enjoy http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... 2236#p2236

Always=====PROUD TO BE A ROMEO!!! (thanks Randy for giving us that neat phase)

Attachments
Edgerton Harmers 8-11 001.JPG
Edgerton Harmers 8-11 001.JPG (43.7 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
rtinlvks

Re: TUES 6/30/15 HARMER'S CAFE, EDGERTON, MISSOURI

Post by rtinlvks »

Roger,

I was looking on YELP and one review says that Cook's Corner has moved to Smithville, MO. . The Cook's Corner Facebook page confirms that they moved to Smithville and are not closed. It states that they had the opportunity to move from Dearborn to Smithville. Also Santa Fe Depot in Leavenworth closed in May. I know Romeo's have been to the Santa Fe Depot several times.

Gregg Scircle
Leavenworth
There is nothing new in the World except the history you do not know.
Harry S. Truman
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

004.JPG
I guess today was kind of a lazy day. I did more talking and sitting than I did taking pictures. However, I did check with Bob and asked him to help me out.

The only thing I heard bad today was the road closure down on Highway B and some got stopped and some didn't. It was a good day to ride, the food was good, the service was good and the friendship was the BEST. Folks have been on trips and had lots of good stories and folks are getting ready to go on trips. All is good in the ROMEO world.
[attachment=4]001.JPG[/attachment]Rod had a trike convesion put on his Gold Wing. Doesn't it look nice. Good job Rod.
[attachment=3]003.JPG[/attachment] Another nice looking trike
[attachment=2]002.JPG[/attachment]Just another good looking bike.

*******************************************************************************************************************************
IMG_6681.JPG
https://picasaweb.google.com/1129917197 ... eaDoNL31gE
Today several of you told me of dairies you were familiar with and wanted to see pictures of the Royal Farm Dairy we visited this weekend in Garden City, KS. The link is above. The opening pictures is of me just after I swallowed a bug. Melissa thought that was funny! :lol: Here is the link to my pictures. Melissa loved the clouds and wheat fields. We enjoyed Ft. Larned, and of course the dairy.
Royal Farms Dairy http://farmprogress.com/story-royal-far ... d-9-110483 They milk 6400 cows twice a day, 24 hours a day 365 days a year. They have 7000 replacement heifers, they have 25 calves every day, they produce 13 million pounds of milk....A MONTH!!!

******************************************************************************************************************************
Ironbutt 2013 001.JPG
Ironbutt 2013 001.JPG (56.33 KiB) Viewed 861 times
As a group ROMEOs ride over a million miles a year. I guess the more you ride the more likely you are to have an accident. Below is a email that I receive from a close riding buddy. He is always careful and never takes an chances. We call all learn something from this...

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for checking on me and calling. I am just fine, all things considered. I was coming home from work Saturday night around 11:45 p.m. on I-70 between 7th Street and 18th Street Expressway in KCK. I was passing a semi and a big dog just missed getting hit by the semi, then he turned right toward me. I couldn't even see him until he cleared the semi and then I couldn't do anything but hit him. He was a 100 - 120 lb boxer. I hit him square at about 65 mph, the bike went down, and I went sliding and rolling down the highway. I was able to get up and off the highway right away. My gear did excellent job except my chaps. I will replace them with something different. The right shoulder and elbow of my jacket is completely shredded, but all I got was a very minor road rash about the size of a silver dollar on the back of my shoulder and my elbow. My shoulder is a little sore from the initial hit on the pavement, but not bad. The belt on my chaps broke when I started sliding and they came down around my ankles and my right knee took a hit. Primarily just road rash and a deep abrasion. My helmet protected me so good that I didn't even know my head hit the pavement until I saw it afterwards. My gloves held up pretty good, just lost a little piece of my right thumb nail. I was able to help the tow driver load the bike and unload it at their lot in Bonner Springs. Lee Ann took me to the ER at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. They put a couple of stitches in my knee, and cleaned and dressed the wounds. Nothing serious at all. I thought I would be pretty sore on Sunday, but not too bad. The knee is pretty stiff, but it feels a lot better that I expected. I feel extremely fortunate and lucky. I have always known, but I realized it very quickly Saturday night, how important rider education and the proper gear is to any motorcyclist.

The biggest problem is the bike. I think it is all cosmetic damage, but not sure. The front forks might be slightly bent from the impact with the dog, but I couldn't tell last night. Next up, will be dealing with my insurance. My agent is a friend and motorcyclist, so hopefully he can help. I just hope I can get it fixed or replaced by the time I go to Sturgis.

Still Rattling,
Allen
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
Bob K.

Post by Bob K. »

Harmer's Cafe is where I went to my first Romeo lunch, I had gotten there at 11:30 and even though it was a big turnout, I was very late and one of the last there! Now I know to show up earlier. With B hwy closed today, we rode over to the Smithville dam to see the thundering water release. Very impressive.[attachment=14]06-30-15 Romeos 009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]06-30-15 Romeos 014.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]06-30-15 Romeos 015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]06-30-15 Romeos 017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]06-30-15 Romeos 018.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]06-30-15 Romeos 019.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]06-30-15 Romeos 022.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]06-30-15 Romeos 029.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]06-30-15 Romeos 032.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]06-30-15 Romeos 034.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]06-30-15 Romeos 036.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]06-30-15 Romeos 042.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]06-30-15 Romeos 051.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]06-30-15 Romeos 074.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]06-30-15 Romeos 075.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
I think this guy wanted Roger to start a Ro-mower-o chapter.
I think this guy wanted Roger to start a Ro-mower-o chapter.
Good to see Gary today with the Romito gang.....in shorts.
Good to see Gary today with the Romito gang.....in shorts.
06-30-15 Romeos 015.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 017.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 018.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 019.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 022.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 029.JPG
Best part of a small town cafe...the benches out front.
Best part of a small town cafe...the benches out front.
06-30-15 Romeos 034.JPG
06-30-15 Romeos 036.JPG
I had to stop at the old oil truck for a photo.
I had to stop at the old oil truck for a photo.
Gary couldn't get down the steps at the Smithville Lake dam.
Gary couldn't get down the steps at the Smithville Lake dam.
The fish were trying to get out of the water.
The fish were trying to get out of the water.
06-30-15 Romeos 075.JPG
retreadd

Post by retreadd »

Linda wanted me to Post this PIC of three of the Lovely Ladies that showed up today....There were others but she didn't get a PIC of them....
Laveda, so glad you could make it. Sorry you didn't get to see some of the other gals that were there earlier.
Attachments
Laveda showed up a little late so lots of the romeos were gone but we got to have <br />a good time with Marlene and Mayme, (Dougs wife).  Mayme doesn't usually come so we were very happy to see her and hope she comes more often.
Laveda showed up a little late so lots of the romeos were gone but we got to have
a good time with Marlene and Mayme, (Dougs wife). Mayme doesn't usually come so we were very happy to see her and hope she comes more often.
wldavis

Post by wldavis »

Hey, thanks for taking a picture of my bike (Red Street Glide). That's a great picture.

Doc (Wendell)