South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., July 1, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., July 1, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

How about one last lunch ride before we switch to breakfast for the next couple of months? The Beaumont Hotel isn't open for breakfast on Wednesdays, so this is our last chance to visit until September. They really appreciate seeing us, so let's head back this week.

Right now it looks like it'll be warm and dry. We should be able to get home before the hottest part of the day. It it looks too hot to ride, there's always the option of driving width the air conditioner running...

There are plenty of choices on the menu: I like the club sandwich with fresh cut fries, or the hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes. They also have a good chicken fried steak, and the usual assortment of burgers, fish, and salads. There's also a daily lunch special that will get you fed a bit more quickly. (Yeah, like any of us have pressing appointments on Wednesdays...)

Beaumont is just south of US 400, about forty-five miles east of Wichita near the Butler/Greenwood county line. It's a nice ride through the tail end of the Flint Hills, and the road through Latham and Cambridge is a nice detour on the way home if you want to get in a few more miles. Be careful riding past Leon on Hwy 400; the speed limit drops to fifty rather abruptly, and there's often a police officer seeking to improve the city's financial position.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, July 1

PLACE:

Beaumont Hotel
11651 South Main
Beaumont, Kansas 67012
(620) 843-2422

MAP:

Gary will have a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wed., July 1, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We had twenty-eight ROMEOs and twenty-four bikes this morning in Beaumont. The motorcycles traveled a total of 1339 miles (one way.) Roger Shores rode down from the KC area to have lunch with us and deliver some t-shirts. Charlie had told me he'd be absent, but I forgot my camera. Brian took some photos on his phone; I've posted them below.

This was our last lunch ride for a couple of months. We'll switch to breakfast rides until after Labor Day. Let me know if you have any favorites that you'd like to return to, or new places we ought to check out. We normally try to keep the breakfast rides to an hour or less each way, as some of us don't tolerate the Kansas heat too well (and it just annoys others of us...)

I'll have next week's breakfast ride posted by Saturday night.
Attachments
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350