South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 27, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 27, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I've been waiting for some good weather to route us back to Lila's. Next Wednesday may be the best we've seen for a while: a high of eighty-two degrees, partly cloudy, and only a twenty percent chance of rain. If the weather doesn't turn out as well as predicted, consider jumping in the car and driving to Piedmont. Lila brings in additional help and cooks extra food when we're scheduled, so let's have a good group on hand. (If we wait for a perfect day, we'll never get there.)

In order to serve a group our size in a reasonable time, Lila usually makes three lunch specials. Last time it was fried chicken, pork chops, and chicken fried steak. (The fried chicken is Harley Charlie approved, and I can personally vouch for the chicken fried steak. Maybe I'll have to try the pork chops this time...) Whatever she has this time will be good, and there's usually some kind of dessert included.

For those of you who haven't been, Piedmont is just south of US400, about 55 miles east of Wichita. The road to Piedmont is east of the Beaumont turnoff, and a short ride into town. If you're coming from the west, don't forget the policeman with the radar gun as you pass through Leon.

Also: for those of you who've been wanting ROMEO patches for jackets or hats, I now have a bunch. I had these made so that you can iron them on or sew them in place. They're three bucks apiece.
The patch
The patch
ROMEO Patch 001 (Medium).jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Patch on my ball cap
Patch on my ball cap
ROMEO Patch 002 (Medium).jpg (54.45 KiB) Viewed 623 times
TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 27

PLACE:

Lila's Cafe
100 Main St.
Piedmont, KS 67122
(620) 864-2250

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 27, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We had thirty-two people, on 31 bikes, in Piedmont today. It was a good day to ride (finally) and we pretty well filled the place. We had two brand new ROMEOs, Larry and Nancy, join us for the first time. (They now know that all you old guys show up early...) We also had a few visitors from east and southeast. Charlie will have some photos posted later, including this week's covergirl. Check back if they're not up when you read this.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 27, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos! Including Cover Girl Lila! a bunch of bikes, including a BRAND NEW 2015 Harley-Davidson owned by Terry Grimes (next to last photo).
See ya'all next week -
Attachments
Lila.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T