South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, May 6, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, May 6, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I waited until Saturday to post this, hoping to get the most accurate weather forecast. Unfortunately, Wednesday still looks like the worst day to ride next week: ninety percent chance of rain and twenty-five to thirty-five mile per hour winds. I'm going to keep us close to home, for those who don't want to ride in thunderstorms to get to lunch. (Yeah, I know we've all done it, but there's a fine line between tough and dumb...) Clearwater is fairly close in, so it's not too far to drive if the weather is as bad as predicted. If the Weather Channel is wrong and we get tolerable weather, there are plenty of roads between here and there. Drive or ride, depending on the weather and your sensibilities.

We last visited the Tee Time Cafe in late January. The food's good, and they really appreciate our business. It's become a bit of a ROMEO favorite, especially when they have the Wednesday meatloaf. They also serve breakfast until 11:00, if you're one of those guys who arrives early (and craves an omlette or some pancakes.) The homemade cinnamon rolls are great, and they usually have a variety of pie for dessert.

The Tee Time Cafe is located north of town, in the Clearwater Golf Course clubhouse. It's on 95th South, just west of 135th West.

After the ride, a few of us will be gathering at my garage. We can watch the rain, have a cold drink and a cigar, and wonder how I made it to sixty-four years old. (Young by ROMEO standards, another benefit of riding with this group...)

PLEASE NOTE: 135th is closed north of 95th. If you're coming from Wichita, you can go south on Ridge Road, then west on 103rd to Clearwater. Turn north on 135th and then west on 95th at the day care center, just after you pass the grain bins that are located on the east side of 135th.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 6

PLACE:

Tee Time Cafe
Clearwater Golf Course
14100 W. 95th South
Clearwater, KS 67026
(620) 584-3006

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, May 6, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We got a break in the rain, just in time for the short ride to Clearwater. We had fifteen people and five motorcycles. The bikes ran a total of 161 miles (mostly Ron and Gene) to lunch. Charlie will have some photos to post, so check back if they're not up when you read this.

I'll get next week's ride posted by Saturday evening; gonna keep tabs on the weather before we decide where to go.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, May 6, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos below, 5 bikes and 14 of the ROMEO's (I don't do the selfie's). Do be sure to see the last 2 photos, a couple fun fellows cutting up, what a hoot.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T