Newbie from Manhattan

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
kai61

Newbie from Manhattan

Post by kai61 »

Hi, my name is Kai Sayson and I'm from Manhattan, KS. I met a Star Group from Wichita Kansas and one of its members Lonny Mendenhall told me about you guys. I am semi retired and own and ride a 2013 Yamaha Roadstar and a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner. I just sold a 2003 Roadstar which had 123,453 miles on it all my miles, before it was sold to a young man from Kansas City. Bike was well maintained and still riding strong when she went to her new rider. I hope I get a chance to ride and meet with you all cause it sounds like you are around my age. Kai
Attachments
DSCN6355.JPG
Last edited by kai61 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
schoolmaster

Re: Newbie from Manhattan

Post by schoolmaster »

Welcome Kai. My name is Mick Lowe and I am the ride coordinator for the Eastern Kansas group. We ride on Wednesdays and folks start arriving shortly after 10 AM. Our official meeting time is 11 AM but it is a pretty informal group and some arrive early for breakfast and others wait to eat lunch around 11. If you show up around 10:30 that's a pretty safe time to be able to meet a lot of riders. We schedule rides in sort of a radius of 100 miles around Topeka and often ride between Topeka and Manhattan. You can check out the Eastern Kansas link to get an idea of where past lunches have been. With cold weather we keep rides pretty close, but as it warms up we will stretch out and go further. We have several riders from the Manhattan area that join us so hopefully you will get to know them. Again, we're glad to have you join us. Please introduce yourself to me at your next ride as I'd like to meet you and introduce you to others in the group.
Mick Lowe
Eastern Kansas Ride Coordinator
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Hi Mick, that would be great. Is there a set place you meet at the times you stated or will there be an announcement where we meet and arrive there on our own but timely manner? Kai
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Kai, We meet at a different location each week. If you click on the Eastern Kansas link, the rides are usually posted each Friday afternoon or occasionally by Saturday morning for the ride the following Wednesday. The location will be listed along with any special information concerning that week's ride. There is also a map link that you can click that takes you to our weekly MapQuest ride location post that will include directions and estimated time to ride from your location. It is pretty simple and easy to use, but if you have any questions feel free to email me at mlowe@sunflower.com
Hope this helps.
Mick
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Thanks Mick. :)
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

You're also welcome to join the South Central group anytime you want a longer ride from home. (We won't hold the fact that you know Lonnie against you... :lol:)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Thanks Roger, I met Lonnie & his wife in Arlington, KS for PI day at Carolyn's Resturant. Their group of Star Riders were pretty friendly. Kai :)