Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 17 Caffe Thyme, Lyndon, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 17 Caffe Thyme, Lyndon, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

No one really knows what the weather next Wednesday will be, but the NWS (which stands for National Weather guess for Suckers) says sunny with a a high of 39*. Of course the high usually occurs about the time Larry #2 is about finished with his nap and Bucky is watching Judge Judy. So with that in mind we are going to meet for lunch at 11 AM at:

Caffe Thyme
1715 Topeka Avenue
Lyndon, Ks.
785-828-4165

They are not open for breakfast but she might feel sorry for you and let you in for "Caffe" a few minutes early. The specials on Wednesday will be chili, chili dogs, or meatloaf. Since that fits right in with most of your healthy eating plans, this will be a great lunch choice!

Gary will post the link for all Romeo rides here:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

Hope to see you on Wednesday!! Even you Harry.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parkville Rider

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 17 Caffe Thyme, Lyndon, Ks.

Post by Parkville Rider »

Map updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 17 Caffe Thyme, Lyndon, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

We had a few faithful ROMEOS show up for the last official lunch of 2014 at Caffe' Thyme in Lyndon, Kansas. There were 14 that showed for the festivities and there were 5 motorcycles in the parking lot ridden by Swanee, Larry #3, Don and Mike from KC, and yours truly. Not bad for a day that never did reach the 30's as promised, and by the time I rode into Lawrence around 1:30 there were starting to be some little white frozen things hitting the ol' helmet shield.[attachment=8]DSCN4435.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4434.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4436.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4437.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4438.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4439.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4440.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4441.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4442.jpg[/attachment]
It has been a really great year for riding and since today is the last official ride for the year, remember the next two Wednesdays are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve respectively so we won't have rides on those two days.

However, remember that Swanee has set up a ride for 11 AM on New Year's Day at Green Acres on HWY 68 just south of beautiful Lake Pomona. He will post a reminder of that ride sometime the week prior, and so will I in this space.

I hope you enjoy family and friends during the next two weeks, have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Fabulous New Year! I will look forward to seeing you on New Year's Day and get ready to resume our regular ride schedule on January 7, rain, snow or shine! It sure is a great time to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
This is the Caffe Thyme.  They were very appreciative of our business on this cold day.  And BTW, the food was excellent.
This is the Caffe Thyme. They were very appreciative of our business on this cold day. And BTW, the food was excellent.
There wasn't a lot of standing around outside today, but the riders got the best parking. Larry came inside and asked Swanee and I if we'd move our bikes so he could park a little closer to the door.  We told him, "of course we COULD!" But we didn't.
There wasn't a lot of standing around outside today, but the riders got the best parking. Larry came inside and asked Swanee and I if we'd move our bikes so he could park a little closer to the door. We told him, "of course we COULD!" But we didn't.
DSCN4436.jpg
DSCN4437.jpg
This was the meatloaf special, and it might easily be the best meatloaf I've ever tasted!!
This was the meatloaf special, and it might easily be the best meatloaf I've ever tasted!!
You might be shocked to know that Larry #2 ordered a hamburger, but it did look pretty tasty.  I asked them to add some green beans to it just to give it a little more nutritional value.
You might be shocked to know that Larry #2 ordered a hamburger, but it did look pretty tasty. I asked them to add some green beans to it just to give it a little more nutritional value.
If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit I don't know what else you could do.  In fact, a couple of guys were talking about going out and looking for some yarn stores to go home and make something nice for the holidays!
If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit I don't know what else you could do. In fact, a couple of guys were talking about going out and looking for some yarn stores to go home and make something nice for the holidays!
DSCN4441.jpg
Larry #2 was nearly in a panic.  His remote wouldn't start his ride from inside the restaurant so he actually had to come out into the cold to get it started.  We were all really worried that he might get a chill!
Larry #2 was nearly in a panic. His remote wouldn't start his ride from inside the restaurant so he actually had to come out into the cold to get it started. We were all really worried that he might get a chill!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 17 Caffe Thyme, Lyndon, Ks.

Post by lindad608 »

Bill and I wish you all happy holidays. We miss the rides with yall. Ride safe.