Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 10 Bitler's Cozy Cafe, McLouth, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 10 Bitler's Cozy Cafe, McLouth, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

As I'm sitting here and looking at the weather for next Wednesday I started thinking, maybe a ride to Nebraska, or Iowa, or Arkansas? But then I think, whoa, it's only a lunch ride so I'd better reel it in a notch or two, but then I think 55* and sunny, this is too good to be true. I tried a couple of places a little further away, but no answer this afternoon, so I called a on a new place in an old spot that we've hit for dessert (bread pudding to die for) a couple of times in the last few weeks and settled on:

Bitler's Cozy Cafe
408 S. Union
McLouth, Kansas
913-796-2238

They are open for breakfast and they serve breakfast all day. They decide on the lunch special every morning between 8 and 9 AM so it will be a surprise. They also reminded me they are the home of the bottomless cup of coffee so you caffeine addicts should be happy. The food is absolutely fabulous in this place so be prepared to chow down and leave with a big smile on your face. So show up around 10:30 and share a cup and a story or two.

Consult the ROMEO map for directions and Gary will also post the link here shortly.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

I'm predicting that it will be an absolutely great day to be a ROMEO so be sure not to miss it!
Last edited by schoolmaster on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: Dec. 10 Bitler's Cozy Cafe, McLouth, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

It's sure easy to plan these rides. All you do is look at the weather report six days ahead of time and plan the ride accordingly. So 55* and sunny, piece of cake. But when this morning arrived, I checked the thermometer on my deck and it was 32*. About the time I was ready to leave, I stepped out and started slipping down the driveway, so I picked up the phone and told Bucky I'd come by and pick him up in my pickup (It's not a good idea to let old people drive when the roads are icy). We figured we'd ride up to McLouth, take a picture of each other eating lunch and call it a day. When we pulled in the parking lot there were no motorcycles in front, but when we walked in, there were already 6 ROMEOS seated just waiting for the rest of us to arrive. By the time all was said and done, we had 13 ROMEOS show up, and two easily clinched the award for ROMEOS OF THE WEEK when they pulled up in the parking lot each on two wheels![attachment=0]DSCN4433.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]Romeo McLouth.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4424.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4426.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4425.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4427.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4428.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4429.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4430.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4432.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks to the truly dedicated ROMEOS that braved the elements today and showed up for a little lunch and some great conversation. You know, even with the crappy weather, it still turned out to be a great day to be a ROMEO!!
Attachments
This bunch of eager beavers was already there when we arrived.
This bunch of eager beavers was already there when we arrived.
John and #1, looking very photogenic this morning.
John and #1, looking very photogenic this morning.
Keith took advantage of the "breakfast served all day" option.
Keith took advantage of the "breakfast served all day" option.
Look at these two, backing in just like it was a normal day at the office.
Look at these two, backing in just like it was a normal day at the office.
What's left of the ham and bean special.
What's left of the ham and bean special.
You probably already guessed it.  These are the co-ROMEOS OF THE WEEK!! These two are about as dedicated as it gets.  I believe if hell freezes over, Mike and Don will show up on their motorcycles!
You probably already guessed it. These are the co-ROMEOS OF THE WEEK!! These two are about as dedicated as it gets. I believe if hell freezes over, Mike and Don will show up on their motorcycles!
The broasted chicken special getting ready to go out to the co-ROMEOS OF THE WEEK!  The cook is looking out the window thinking, "I can't believe I'm in here cooking for two guys that are so desperate for something to do today that they'd actually get their motorcycles out and ride 'em!"
The broasted chicken special getting ready to go out to the co-ROMEOS OF THE WEEK! The cook is looking out the window thinking, "I can't believe I'm in here cooking for two guys that are so desperate for something to do today that they'd actually get their motorcycles out and ride 'em!"
Allen is pondering his next move.  Just to show you what a hopeless romantic he is, he just bought his wife a new wood splitter for Christmas, and he told her he'd give her a chance to get familiar with it while he went out to lunch today with his buddies!  And they say chivalry is dead!!
Allen is pondering his next move. Just to show you what a hopeless romantic he is, he just bought his wife a new wood splitter for Christmas, and he told her he'd give her a chance to get familiar with it while he went out to lunch today with his buddies! And they say chivalry is dead!!
A ROMEO and a hip-swinging dancing Santa Claus.  I'll let you figure out which one's which.
A ROMEO and a hip-swinging dancing Santa Claus. I'll let you figure out which one's which.
Bill was there early, and as a Jefferson County resident, was happy to welcome visitors to his county.
Bill was there early, and as a Jefferson County resident, was happy to welcome visitors to his county.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster