Hello from Vassar

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
eric

Hello from Vassar

Post by eric »

Hello from Vassar. Eric here and I'm not exactly retired yet. I rode to a romeo lunch a couple years ago and felt a little guilty that I didn't fit the "retired" part of ROMEO. I thought I would be a party crasher. I couldn't believe that I was welcomed with open arms. It seems that "retired" is not that important of a requirement. Heck, alot of the guys still "did" a little something and you could consider Don(Klem) fully employed with keeping track the guys on the list and finding new places to meet.(how's that Don?) I think that if you show up on any kind of bike without an attitude, you will find a friend with the ROMEO's.

I'm also new to computers(about three years) and I equate my skills to that of a pit bull in the front seat of a new Caddy,"i couldn't turn on the windshield wipers but I really like the leather seats." I thank my wife for turning on the wipers for me.
Yea yea, she knows more about the computer than me but when she has a flat tire.....

Other than farm trucks and tractors, I started my driving career on a little yellow Yamaha scooter/motorcycle.I did a bit of "pasture riding" till I broke a collar bone and decided I needed to be healthy to feed my kids. I got back on a 05 Kawasaki KLR 650 and have put a little over 50,000 miles on it. I picked up a sweet 93 BMW K 1100 RS about 2 years ago and have put another 20,000 miles on it. Wonderful bike.

I only can make the occasional lunch ride but will be there when I can get a day off. I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with more of the great guys in the group.
Gordon

Re: Hello from Vassar

Post by Gordon »

Hey Eric,
How are you? I started riding with the Wed. lunch rides about 4-5 years ago? I am not retired yet either, but my job lets summer Wed. and winter vacation Wed. available for lunches. I take the backroads to lunches, which at some distances is a long, good, days ride. Maybe see you sometime at lunch, or on a BRTK ride.

Ride Safe,
Gordon
eric

Re: Hello from Vassar

Post by eric »

Hello Gordon. I've been fine, how are you. My neighbor didn't get elected but, oh well. Other than a couple ROMEO lunches and coffee with Don and the boys, I've kinda only been on solo rides. I don't think that I even made it to Cassoday this last year. I did ride out to the Bonneville salt flats for speed week and liked that so much that I think I'll try to put together two weeks and ride the ol' KLR on as many back roads that I can find to get there this next summer. I'll have to let you know how that will work later. Wanna go? I might need some help with flat tires.LOL.
Attachments
ERIC.jpg
ERIC.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 1029 times