Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 3, Froggy's, St. Mary's, Kansas

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 3, Froggy's, St. Mary's, Kansas

Post by schoolmaster »

The weather for next Wednesday looks pretty decent for December with mostly sunny and high 40's. Since it is officially the holiday season I will share a little ROMEO Christmas story that led to scheduling this week's ride. This is probably a myth passed from one ROMEO to another so take it with a grain of salt.

There was a ROMEO named Joe who rode to lunches with his spouse named Mary. Since it was a little uncomfortable for Mary to travel they weren't riding on the Vulcan, but rather they were on the Ural with Mary riding in the sidecar. They were in a small town somewhere west of Topeka and decided to spend the night but there were no rooms except for a small barn. There were also three very wise ROMEO's named Larry that were visiting about the same time. They all showed up in town, one with a GOLDwing, another with a guy named Frank the Polish Prince (which when spoken very rapidly sounds like "Frank-in-sense"), and the third riding a Burghman that when driven 70 mph made a sound like "mirrrrrrrr"!

The only room in town in that little barn had no furniture except for a manger because one of the Larry's had removed everything to measure for carpet. But they stayed any way and in the morning Mary woke up very tired because there were a lot of amphibians that had croaked all night and kept her awake. Until she also realized there was a little boy in her bed called "Hey-sus", which in English is pronounced Bucky.

The moral of the story is that any woman who rides with the ROMEO's and/or wakes up with someone named Bucky must be a saint and who also sleeps in a barn next to a pond full of croaking amphibians should be honored so we are going to have lunch at 11 AM at:

Froggy's
311 E. Bertrand
St. Mary's, Ks.
785-437-6733

They are open for breakfast and they switch over to lunch right before 11. So to honor the holiday season and to celebrate the sainted "Mary", show up between 10:30 and 11 and you'll probably hear more stories that make this one seem like the most truthful thing you've heard all day.

You can also access the ride map for all ROMEO rides at the first permanent post at the top of the Eastern Kansas announcements.

Hope to see you Wednesday, Dec. 3!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
bucky

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Dec. 3, Froggy's, St. Mary's, Kansas

Post by bucky »

You must have had WAY to much to eat Thanksgiving, to have a dream like that.
Bucky
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

Hey-Sus or Bucky sounds like a true story to me Mick. Dennis
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

It just keeps getting better and better. Mick, keep us entertained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: Dec. 3, Froggy's, St. Mary's, Kansas

Post by schoolmaster »

It was in the high 30's this morning but by the time we started arriving in St. Mary's around 10:15 it was 41* and stayed around that temperature all afternoon. There was very little wind so it was a pretty pleasant day for riding, especially if you had some electric gear. And BTW, if you don't have some, you need to get that on your Christmas list if you want "perfect attendance" at ROMEO rides this winter.

Everyone seems to enjoy the food at Froggy's and in fact I heard someone comment, "I wouldn't mind eating here every other week." Well, that's probably not going to happen, but it means the food is pretty darn good. There were 21 in attendance, with 16 motorcycles in the parking lot, so it was a pretty good turnout for a winter day, Thanks to everyone who made the trip today.[attachment=12]DSCN4406.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4407.jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4408.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4409.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4410.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4411.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4413.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4415.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4416.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4419.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4420.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4421.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4422.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks again to everyone who made it today. It was a great day to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
DSCN4406.jpg
This was supposed to show the temperature of 41* but I guess I snapped it too late!
This was supposed to show the temperature of 41* but I guess I snapped it too late!
I think it was somewhere over by the red building that Bucky was discovered in the manger.
I think it was somewhere over by the red building that Bucky was discovered in the manger.
Bill was filling Allen in on what he managed to do for 31 days in Hawaii.
Bill was filling Allen in on what he managed to do for 31 days in Hawaii.
This was the early bird table.
This was the early bird table.
DSCN4411.jpg
The Kansas City contingent arrived right on time, promptly at 11:00.
The Kansas City contingent arrived right on time, promptly at 11:00.
DSCN4415.jpg
A lot of people ordered the special which was a large pork burrito and sides, but this fish and chips was pretty darned good too.
A lot of people ordered the special which was a large pork burrito and sides, but this fish and chips was pretty darned good too.
A big welcome to Mary Rose and Bogey, making their first appearance at an Eastern Kansas ride.  In fact, they made their very first ROMEO ride ever to Kelley's in Basehor yesterday.  So far, they are 2 for 2!  They live near Dub's Dread golf course in Kansas City, so we hope they make ROMEO lunches part of their routine.
A big welcome to Mary Rose and Bogey, making their first appearance at an Eastern Kansas ride. In fact, they made their very first ROMEO ride ever to Kelley's in Basehor yesterday. So far, they are 2 for 2! They live near Dub's Dread golf course in Kansas City, so we hope they make ROMEO lunches part of their routine.
Mick is an old fashioned kind of guy and takes Christmas with him wherever he goes!
Mick is an old fashioned kind of guy and takes Christmas with him wherever he goes!
DSCN4421.jpg
It takes quite a bit of discussion in the parking lot after lunch to decide where to go for pie.  But I can tell you for a fact that a good decision was made and it only took about 60 miles to get there.
It takes quite a bit of discussion in the parking lot after lunch to decide where to go for pie. But I can tell you for a fact that a good decision was made and it only took about 60 miles to get there.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
hoser

Post by hoser »

:shock: I spent the morning at the Doc's office to verify I was healing. Got me some parts off the net to make my bike road worthy, I should be on it by spring. It is hard to find fork tubes for a Valkyrie, but I got some. I am looking foreword to some four wheel Romeo Rides the rest of the winter. See ya next week. And yes I did find a front fender Hoser

Image :o ;) ;)
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle