South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 19, 11:00

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 19, 11:00

Post by roginoz »

Time for a new (to us) place northeast of Wichita. One of the guys suggested that we try True Lies Bar & Grill, in El Dorado. It's a “bar and grill,” but they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It looks like there's plenty of room for however many of us show up, and El Dorado is close enough that we should be able to deal with whatever kind of weather arrives next Wednesday.

They normally serve breakfast until 11:00, but they'll extend the time for our group; biscuits and gravy, omletes, eggs, french toast, etc. The lunch menu includes all sorts of burgers and sandwiches, chicken fried steak, steaks, pork chops, chicken, and a lot of other entrees. The Wednesday special is Mexican food.

Oil Hill Road is the truck route that runs from the west side of El Dorado north and east to Highway 77.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 19

PLACE:

True Lies Bar & Grill
607 N. Oil Hill Rd.
El Dorado, KS
(316) 320-9255

MAP:

Apparently our old map system is kaput, but Gary has a new one created on MapQuest. I believe that he'll have the new map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1yZIn32
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 19, 11:00

Post by roginoz »

It warmed up a bit, but snow and ice was still a problem for some of us. (The main roads were clear, but my driveway and street were still snowpacked in places. I can shovel the drive, but the street's another matter.) Still, we had twenty-one people attend today in El Dorado. Seven were actually able to make it on motorcycles, and two drove Model A Fords. We had a couple of the North Central guys join us, as well.

Everyone I spoke with thought that the food at True Lies was very good. I had an excellent chicken fried steak, scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy. The service was good, and they had tables set up so we could eat as a group.

Charlie took some photos, so check back later if they're not up when you read this.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 19, 11:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

True Lies Bar & Grill = Great food and service!
Photos to prove we were there-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T