Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 12, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 12, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

In looking at the weather for next week, I think it calls for us to stay a little closer in, since the high for next Wednesday is predicted to be 38 degrees. The food always seems to be good at this restaurant and we always have a pretty good turnout here despite the weather. The special on Wednesday will be chili, but the regular menu will be available as well and as I recall, the burgers and pork tenderloins are very good. So put on your long johns or plug in for the short ride to:

Conrad's Bar and Grill
311 Maple
Overbrook, Kansas
785-665-3395
[attachment=0]DSCN3031.JPG[/attachment]
And remember, Conrad's doesn't open until 11 AM so getting there at 8 o'clock will give you a great chance to visit for two or three hours with the postmaster in the heated lobby across the street from the restaurant. Hope to see you for lunch around 11. Remember, "Don't Overlook Overbrook"!

For a link to all ROMEO rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Map
Attachments
If you're not in the mood for chili, this would probably work!
If you're not in the mood for chili, this would probably work!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 12, Conrad's Bar & Grill, Overbrook, K

Post by schoolmaster »

:D
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

Mick what happened to google maps? I can't get routes and distance to lunch sites. Usually you put in home and then lunch site and it shows different routes and distances.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Dennis,
I don't know what happened. It was working fine a couple of hours ago, and when I just tried it the whole thing looks different and doesn't work like it used to, just as you noted. I'll contact Gary Droege who manages that link and see what he thinks is going on.
Mick
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

Thanks Mick, I thought I was having a brain fart moment.
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

I just tried and it still comes up different.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

This time of year it's a little hard to plan for these rides because it's difficult to predict how much the weather will affect riding decisions. But I took a stab at planning and told them to expect "around 20" and we had 18 ROMEOS show up for lunch. However, most were "in" 4 wheelers, but I think there were 6 or 7 motorcycles when all showed up.
[attachment=10]DSCN4369.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4370.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4371.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4374.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4375.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4376.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4377.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4378.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4379.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4381.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4380.JPG[/attachment]
Not many pictures today because my camera was so fogged up when I first got there that I couldn't take any pictures and it was too darned cold outside for anyone to linger for photo ops afterwards. Thanks to all who showed up today. We had a great visit and I believe we concluded that it was a pretty dang good day to be a ROMEO! Allen and I took a little 100 mile ride this afternoon doing some scouting for some great lunch places and the conclusion we drew was that the best is yet to come. Stay tuned as we explore these finds from week to week. Hope that if you have a bright red nose the next week, it's from a little extra motorcycling ;)
And by the way, if you've missed the discussions online, Google has stopped supporting the Maps application that we have been using so we are having difficulty in finding a fix so that you can just click on and find a suggested route and pretty accurate time estimate. Parkville Rider and Jerry have been working really hard to find a way to restore this function for our convenience. Until then, I know you'll all figure out how to find a way to lunch anyway! Just wanted you all to know why the map function is not working as it has in the past.
Attachments
When I left home this morning around 10:00 the bank in my neighborhood said it was 19 degrees, but when I showed up in Overbrook, it had warmed to a balmy 22! Just like in Arizona where it's a "dry heat", this was a Kansas "dry cold"  :lol:
When I left home this morning around 10:00 the bank in my neighborhood said it was 19 degrees, but when I showed up in Overbrook, it had warmed to a balmy 22! Just like in Arizona where it's a "dry heat", this was a Kansas "dry cold" :lol:
These were the bikes that showed up by 10:45, and then Don and Mike arrived on two wheels about 11:00.
These were the bikes that showed up by 10:45, and then Don and Mike arrived on two wheels about 11:00.
Even though the door says it's a step down into Conrad's, it felt like a "step up" in temperature inside.
Even though the door says it's a step down into Conrad's, it felt like a "step up" in temperature inside.
Roger and Allen were setting at the bar.  Since they showed up at 10:00, they wandered into every open business in town looking for someone to take them in, including the feed store and the bank.  They finally took pity on them and let them into Conrad's around 10:30.
Roger and Allen were setting at the bar. Since they showed up at 10:00, they wandered into every open business in town looking for someone to take them in, including the feed store and the bank. They finally took pity on them and let them into Conrad's around 10:30.
DSCN4375.JPG
Larry #2 showed up with a really attractive lady today.  Either she is "Saint" Vina, his wife, or it was someone who came looking for him when he wandered away from adult day care.
Larry #2 showed up with a really attractive lady today. Either she is "Saint" Vina, his wife, or it was someone who came looking for him when he wandered away from adult day care.
DSCN4377.JPG
DSCN4378.JPG
Don and Mike rode in from Kansas City and Park rode a little bit shorter ride, from Berryton.
Don and Mike rode in from Kansas City and Park rode a little bit shorter ride, from Berryton.
The special today was chili, and from all reports, it was pretty darned good.
The special today was chili, and from all reports, it was pretty darned good.
This hamburger was a pretty good option if you didn't want the chili.  I can testify from personal experience that it was an excellent choice.
This hamburger was a pretty good option if you didn't want the chili. I can testify from personal experience that it was an excellent choice.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Mick, I might have a solution which I posted on the General Discussion tab. Let me know what you think:

http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... 3256#p7710

Gary
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT