South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 5

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 5

Post by roginoz »

The little cafe in Rock has reopened, under new management. Jerry and I had lunch there a few weeks ago; the food was good (and reasonably priced,) and the people were really friendly. It's not a big place, but it looks like it can hold our group. (I counted forty seats.)

The menu includes burgers and other sandwiches, and you can order breakfast all day. The special on Wednesday is ham and beans with cornbread. They also have meatloaf, chicken fried steak, and chicken strip dinners. Michelle said she'd have some desserts for our visit, as well.

The kitchen is small, so I'd suggest you consider the daily special if you're in a real hurry to eat. (Or chill out and enjoy the company.) They'll have two cooks and two waitresses in anticipation of our visit, though, so things should move quickly.

Right now, it looks like a pretty good day to ride: a high of sixty-five, ten miles per hour wind from the west, and only a ten percent chance of rain.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 5

PLACE:

Solid Rock Cafe
301 Winfield St. (Hwy 77)
Rock, KS 67131
(620) 986-5500

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 5

Post by roginoz »

Sorry to be late in posting this. I had guests in the garage after the ride, and then had to teach Wednesday evening.

We had thirty-six people, on thirty-three bikes, in Rock for lunch. We filled up the parking area in front of the cafe and spilled over to the lot across the street. Charlie will probably have some photos to post, and I'll get next week's ride posted in a day or two.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 5

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos! Including riders, visitor, bikes and hawks. Visitor was from Tulsa, welcome and happy you came. And the hawks were flying above after lunch, wish I had one of my biggie lenses to make a much better photo of the varmints.
Attachments
Visitor from Oklahoma chapter at 5 o'clock, thanks for coming
Visitor from Oklahoma chapter at 5 o'clock, thanks for coming
0407.jpg
0409.jpg
0415.jpg
0417.jpg
0421.jpg
0429.jpg
0438.jpg
0441.jpg
b1.jpg
b2.jpg
0449.jpg
0455.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T