Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 5, Blue Ribbon Diner, Horton, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 5, Blue Ribbon Diner, Horton, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

It looks like a pretty decent forecast for next Wednesday with a prediction of sunny with a high in the low 60's. So with that in mind it seemed like a good idea to ride somewhere for lunch! Since we've been northwest three weeks ago, southwest two weeks ago, southeast last week, then north sounds perfect for this week. Wesley offers a full menu of breakfast choices until 11 and then switches over to lunch. So if you arrive around 10:30 or so you can decide on breakfast or hanging around and telling lies for 30 minutes and then ordering off the lunch menu or sampling the hot beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and brown gravy for $5.99. So lets plan on hooking up next Wednesday for late breakfast or early lunch around 11 AM at the:

Blue Ribbon Diner
115 W. 7th
Horton, Kansas
785-487-1765
Wesley

I think you'll like this place. We checked this one out a month or so ago and it looks like "our kind of place".

For a link to all scheduled ROMEO rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
jrlord1

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 5, Blue Ribbon Diner, Horton, Ks

Post by jrlord1 »

Since I am now cleared to drive without damaging myself, I shall show up in some sort of four wheel vehicle. It's been a long six weeks. Can't wait! Hoser :o
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Sorry we will miss you Hoser but very happy you are doing so well.
Bill and I made it to tx. Had some great days for riding. Didn't stop in Wichita as the day we planned on leaving there it was going to be 27 degrees. Burrr. Riding for several hours and starting that cold isn't for me especially when the seats are cold to start with.
Ya'll have a good winter. See you next year. Bill and Linda.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

It was another beautiful fall day for riding, and about 35 ROMEOS took advantage of it by making their way to the Blue Ribbon Diner in Horton America. The owner expressed his appreciation for our business and thanked us for our patience while they got everyone served.[attachment=17]DSCN4352.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN4350.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN4351.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN4353.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN4355.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN4363.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4356.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4357.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4358.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4359.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4360.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4361.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4362.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4365.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4366.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4367.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4368.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4364.JPG[/attachment]
Several of us took the direct route home through Everest, White Cloud and Rulo, Nebraska. The thermometer on the bank in Atchison said 72 degrees, so that isn't too bad for November! Pretty good day to be a ROMEO if you ask me.
Attachments
DSCN4352.JPG
DSCN4350.JPG
There was a nice big level gravel lot that made it easy to park.  Especially helpful because there wasn't much level parking on the street.
There was a nice big level gravel lot that made it easy to park. Especially helpful because there wasn't much level parking on the street.
Semper Fi!! Couldn't resist taking this picture.  This one just jumped out at me.  Thank you Butch.
Semper Fi!! Couldn't resist taking this picture. This one just jumped out at me. Thank you Butch.
I think Wesley served quite a few of these.  Swanee also mentioned that the breakfast special was pretty darned good also.
I think Wesley served quite a few of these. Swanee also mentioned that the breakfast special was pretty darned good also.
This is what that special looked like in real life!
This is what that special looked like in real life!
DSCN4356.JPG
DSCN4357.JPG
DSCN4358.JPG
DSCN4359.JPG
DSCN4360.JPG
Hoser showed up on 4 wheels and joined us for lunch today, looking pretty darned good.  Great to see you out and about John.
Hoser showed up on 4 wheels and joined us for lunch today, looking pretty darned good. Great to see you out and about John.
DSCN4362.JPG
I don't know what stories this old building has to tell but I'd sure like to hear them.  This building has an interesting look to it, and is in really good shape.  For some reason it just caught my eye.
I don't know what stories this old building has to tell but I'd sure like to hear them. This building has an interesting look to it, and is in really good shape. For some reason it just caught my eye.
Getting ready for that long trek back to the city!
Getting ready for that long trek back to the city!
When I walked up to this bunch they were just finishing up a philosophical conversation about the existentialist writings of Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Jean Paul Sartre.
When I walked up to this bunch they were just finishing up a philosophical conversation about the existentialist writings of Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Jean Paul Sartre.
Really pretty paint combination on this Harley. All it was missing was a matching coat.
Really pretty paint combination on this Harley. All it was missing was a matching coat.
Oh here it is.  The wind was picking up pretty nicely by the time we left.
Oh here it is. The wind was picking up pretty nicely by the time we left.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster