TUES 10/28/14 TALETTE'S CAFE, TONGONOXIE, KS

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 10/28/14 TALETTE'S CAFE, TONGONOXIE, KS

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=1]Talette's Cafe, Tongonoxie, KS.jpg[/attachment]TALETTE'S CAFE (breakfast till 11:00 am)
416 East 4th Street
Tongonoxie, KS
913-417-7032 Hailey

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled

[attachment=0]Chicken Noodles Taters.jpg[/attachment]
Tuesday's lunch special

I am embarassed to say the Eastern Kansas Romeos found this place first and it is right under my nose. Come on guys, you have to help me!!! I thought I knew of every place in Tongonoxie, after all Tongonoxie is not that big, but look at the turnout the Eastern Kansas Romeos had at this place in July.
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=1&t=3084

I told Hailey not to expect so many this time, but we could probably get to 30 to 40.
Attachments
Talette's Cafe, Tongonoxie, KS.jpg
Chicken Noodles Taters.jpg
Chicken Noodles Taters.jpg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
shoresr

Ride Report 10/28/14 TALETTE'S CAFE, TONGONOXIE, KS

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=18]014.JPG[/attachment]Can you believe this?? :shock: One person told me he counted over 100 bikes :roll: However I couldn't get them all in the picture and I am sure some had left and some hadn't arrived. This really gives me a thrill. How about you :?:[attachment=17]019.JPG[/attachment]By chance, if you don't think the ROMEOs make an impact on these towns, I took this picture before leaving at 12:38 (time on the bank). Yes, we have fun, but we are helping towns and restaurants in our small way. If you need a little more verification ask the nice folks at Talettes. [attachment=16]001.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]007.JPG[/attachment]ROMEOS are always glad to help out. Thanks Linda. Glad you and Bill had not gone south yet. Yes, I told the restaurant 30-40 :o I guess I get the "bobbie prize" I was told many times today that I should have known better, and I guess I should have. In spite of me and with Linda's help I think Talettes did a good job. If you had to wait longer than you think you should have, thanks for your patience. I am sorry and I sincerely appreciate your understanding.[attachment=11]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]002.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]003.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]012.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]017.JPG[/attachment]Barton is entertaining Bill B.'s daughter Leslie. Leslie is in town visiting her Mom and Dad from Washington. If you have kids that live out of the area, you know how special this is. Bill even bought Leslie a Romeo shirt so she could impress the folks back home. :lol: Welcome Leslie, we hope to see you again real soon....how about Paola tomorrow ;) :?: :!: :idea: [attachment=2]018.JPG[/attachment]Yes, HALLOWEEN is Friday and Mary is definitely in the spirit. HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE.
*********************************************************************************************

Tomorrow Wed 10/29 we have a great opportunity. The Eastern Romeos are heading to Beethovens in Paola. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=1&t=3225 This is a great German restaurant no matter where you are from. Don't let the German scare you, you will love their food and their baked goods are out of this world. This restaurant is opening just for us so your attendance would be appreciated and I guanantee you, you won't be disappointed.[attachment=1]20141024_170037.jpg[/attachment]

********************************************************************************************

Friday the Southeast Kansas group is going to Garnett. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =29&t=3229 And this sounds like fun.

********************************************************************************************
One more thing and I will quit. Below is an invitation to visit a very special private car collect. If you have any interest in older cars and espeically Studebakers you won't want to miss this. I repeat this is a private collect and we have been invited. A $5 donation to a charity of their choice has been requested. Our Bill B. sent this to me and I confirmed an invitation with Dan McConnell (Heart of American Z Car Club) If you go please look up Dan and thank him and Bill too!
[attachment=0]Armacost62511036.jpg[/attachment]

Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 5:36 PM
Subject: Reminder to Join Me and the HAZCC at The Armacost Museum Sunday, November 2

Just a reminder to join me, Dan McConnell, and the Heart of America Z Car Club Sunday, November 2nd from 1 to 4 pm at the Armacost Museum in Grandview, MO.

If you're not familiar with "The Armacost", it is a private automobile collection housed in one of the finest facilities in Kansas City. This is not generally open to the public but is open by special arrangement. I have made that arrangement.

The collection includes everything from a Ferrari F40 to a 1919 Rolls Royce to British sports cars to American muscle cars to turn of the 20th century Harley Davidson motor cycles. Personally, my favorite part is the collection of Studebakers. The Armacost family was a Studebaker dealer in Kansas City for decades. Consequently, they have several.

The Armacost collection is quite extensive and the cars on display constantly changes. You never know what you will see until you get there!

"The Armacost" has set the following guidelines:
1. No one under 16 allowed.
2. A $5 donation/admittance is required. One Hundred percent of the money collected is donated to a local Grandview charity.
3. No food or drink allowed.

Bringing a camera is STRONGLY encouraged.

More info here:
http://www.hovermotorco.com/2011/07/arm ... ew-is.html

"The Armacost" is located at :
4200 E 135th St. Grandview, MO 64030

This is an open invitation. Please share with your "responsible" friends, car club, organization, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dan McConnell and the Heart of America Z Car Club.

Attachments
014.JPG
019.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
20141024_170037.jpg
20141024_170037.jpg (76.75 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Armacost62511036.jpg
Armacost62511036.jpg (14.72 KiB) Viewed 975 times
lindad608

Re: TUES 10/28/14 TALETTE'S CAFE, TONGONOXIE, KS

Post by lindad608 »

Always happy to help out. We are a very big happy family. ;)

To the k.c. group, its been fun. Have a quick winter. Ride safe. See you next summer.

See whoever comes tomorrow in paola.
Bill and Linda
JerryM100

Re: TUES 10/28/14 TALETTE'S CAFE, TONGONOXIE, KS

Post by JerryM100 »

You know I seriously miss riding with you guys.
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage