RTE: Salina, KS July 18, 2009 - Cozy Inn

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
roginoz

RTE: Salina, KS July 18, 2009 - Cozy Inn

Post by roginoz »

Mods: I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please move or delete it.
I've organized (OK, loosely defined...) a Ride To Eat at the Cozy Inn in Salina on July 18. Meeting at 11:00 might get us a little ahead of the lunch crowd. The Cozy Inn (www.kansastravel.org/cozyinn.htm) opened in 1922, and is known for its tiny (1 oz) White Castle style burgers. There’s only seating for six inside, but there are a couple of tables outdoors. The Cozy Inn is located at 108 N. 7th Street in Salina. Afterward, some of us may ride down to the Kansas Motorcycle Museum in Marquette. (I've also posted this on the ST-Owners and MSTA forums.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
wil6831

Re: RTE: Salina, KS July 18, 2009 - Cozy Inn

Post by wil6831 »

roginoz wrote:Mods: I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please move or delete it.
I've organized (OK, loosely defined...) a Ride To Eat at the Cozy Inn in Salina on July 18. Meeting at 11:00 might get us a little ahead of the lunch crowd. The Cozy Inn (http://www.kansastravel.org/cozyinn.htm) opened in 1922, and is known for its tiny (1 oz) White Castle style burgers. There’s only seating for six inside, but there are a couple of tables outdoors. The Cozy Inn is located at 108 N. 7th Street in Salina. Afterward, some of us may ride down to the Kansas Motorcycle Museum in Marquette. (I've also posted this on the ST-Owners and MSTA forums.)
Take it from a local, you don't want to go inside or you will smell like a cozy burger for a couple of days. Is this a ROMEO ride?
Leonard, Hull, GA
2004 Royal Enfield Bullet (gone)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (sold)
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
Richard

Post by Richard »

Guys - This sounds like a fine idea and in fact it wouldn't surprise me if in the not to distant future we do just that but we'll do it on an official Wednesday. This ride on the 18th is not, let me repete...NOT and official ROMEO Lunch Ride. Richard
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Sorry if there was any confusion; this is our July "non-event" for the KS MSTA folks and the ST Owners. I thought that others might want to join us. The post was placed in the "General Discussion" subforum for that reason. I assume that there is a convener for each of the Wednesday rides.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Klem

Post by Klem »

Roger;

This is exactly why the Romeo web was created. It is for riders in this general area to have a forum to present ideas, rides, gatherings or what ever you want to do as long as it doesn't get kinky. You are right in that each area has a place to post it's weekly rides. The discussion board is a perfect place to try to get something going. There are several ST riders in our group and I am sure some of them will be interested in joining you, or even some riders of other bikes. I have had several places I have been planning on going that wouldn't work as one of our regular lunch or breakfast rides, and when I get organized enough to get it done this will be the place it will be posted. We are thinking some of us should ride to Altoona, or maybe a visit to the museum.

As you spend time around the Romeos you will find that very little is "Official". There is no membership, dues, president, captain or crew. It is a bunch of guys that like to ride and shoot the bull. As the turnout at the lunches grows we find a new "sucker" that is willing to spend his time to find and post places to go for lunch, opening a new group or area.. We tend to prefer riding as individuals or small groups, so the meet and greet forum works well.

Thanks for including the Romeos and look forward to other rides you might have.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough