Breakfast at Dover report

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Klem

Breakfast at Dover report

Post by Klem »

I was a little surprised at how few bikes there were in the parking lot on my arrival at Dover. But by the time I finished breakfast, which by the way was very good, the lot was full. I always enjoying meeting new riders and we had several this time. Always good to see some of the ones that haven't made the last few rides also. All in all we had a very good turnout, the food was good and so was the service. From time to time I think and also get suggestions that we go to larger towns to find bigger restaurants. I have come to believe that these small places can handle just about anything we can throw at them. I am not opposed to going to a little larger town, but really do like the small ones better for so many reasons. Like how do you not find a Cafe in a town that has only one intersection.

All in all a very pleasant day. Cool enough that some felt good in a jacket. To me it's all about the people and the ride. This is one of the finest groups I have ever associated with. Not just the Eastern group, but all the Romeos. It just keeps getting bigger and better with more options.

Speaking of options, many of you may have noticed that Jerry has started a K.C. group. This to will evolve with time but for now Jerry will join the Eastern group when we are within a reasonable distance to ride. If we are stretching the K.C. riders out he will post a ride somewhere in the K.C. area. Again it will be in small towns and usually hometown places. As with all the areas or groups we are welcome to join in on the K.C. rides and them on us. In reality there is really only The Romeos and all the areas, North and South Central, Eastern and now Kansas City are just locations to offer more rides and easier access for more riders. Richard, Bob, Jerry and Myself help each other, sometimes grumble at each other, but all any of us want is to have a good ride and a visit with some friends. So break out of your mold and try a visit to a different location from time to time. During the hot weather you have a choice of two breakfast sites each week, one and sometimes two lunch sites each week. Your choice.

Every thing I have seen in life changes and The Romeos is no different. We have gone from a no name group with a hand full of riders to a totally unorganized group my estimate of over 300 riders. In the probably ten years of going to lunches with this group, my only regret is not being able to be three places at once. So when you see our rides posted each week, don't look at them as "this is where my group is going" but as "these are my choices, how far do I want to ride today"

Thanks for being a part of it all

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
Richard

Re: Breakfast at Dover report

Post by Richard »

Great ride report Don. You have a wonderful way of explaining things. Richard
BeemerBill

Re: Breakfast at Dover report

Post by BeemerBill »

You are so right Don..... It is even better knowing that, depending on how far you feel like riding that day, we have
3 or 4 choices of riding destinations. With some pretty great people at each place just waiting to B.S. with you. The
ROMEO group just keeps getting better. With people like you and Richard, and now Gen. Bob and Jerry, the future
is looking pretty good for our ROMEO group..... I've got to get up east again sometime to catch a meal with you guys,
it's been quite a while since I've made it over there.
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude