First Ride of the Kansas City Romeo Riders

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

JerryM100

First Ride of the Kansas City Romeo Riders

Post by JerryM100 »

Greetings to all Romeo Riders! As Don and Richard have given us the history behind the Romeo rides and how they have grown, I am happy to announce the newest 'chapter' of Romeo Riders in the Kansas City area (chapter sounds too formal but whatever).

Twelve of us met in Pleasant Hill, MO at the Neighbor's Cafe for lunch today for the inaugural ride of the KC Romeos (Retired Old Motorcyclists Eating Out). I think we were all in agreement that we will continue to ride with Don's central group each week on Wednesday but when he goes further west, or if we just feel like going somewhere else, we will plan a ride on Tuesdays to someplace around the KC area. Generally we just want to offer more riding opportunities to more people to grow the Romeo family. We will continue the tradition of going to smaller towns to the local cafes to support the local economies.

No rules, no organization, no dues - we will just announce a place and whereever you are from just come and eat. Doesn't matter what you ride - any bike will do. The whole purpose is just to have an excuse to go someplace for no other reason than to eat, chat with a few people, and take a different way home.

Thanks again to Richard and Don (Bucky too) for getting this thing started so many years ago, and keeping it going each week. Your efforts bring the enjoyment of riding to a lot of guys every week and even if we don't say it very often we all appreciate it very much.

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage