South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 6, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 6, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We haven't been to Durham for over a year, and it's been even longer since we had breakfast at the Main Street Cafe. It's in downtown Durham, just west of the highway (K15) a block or so. (Douglas is the main north/south street.) The food is always good, especially their homemade sausage.

Durham is a little over sixty miles from Wichita, an hour or less by motorcycle. If you're looking for the quick route, I-135 north to Newton and then K-15 from just north of Newton to Durham will get you there.

The Main Street Cafe has plenty of seating, but the kitchen is small. Ordering the daily special (which was a really good casserole last time I had breakfast there) will get you served more quickly; otherwise, relax and give them some time. (The meal is worth the wait.)

I'm posting this a bit early, because I'll be on the road Friday through Monday. There's no reliable way to know what next Wednesday's weather is going to be, so I guess we'll just roll the dice. If it turns out to be too nasty to ride, consider driving; the good food and company will more than compensate for having to arrive on four wheels.

Charlie is on his annual pilgrimage to Sturgis, so it would be nice if someone else could take a few photos and post them after the ride. I'd do it, but Mickey, Steve, and I are leaving for the Indy MotoGP right after breakfast and I probably wouldn't be able to post anything until quite a bit later than usual. I will get a ride scheduled for the following week, though, and have it posted here on the forum.

TIME:

9:00 AM, Wednesday, August 6

PLACE:

Main Street Cafe
517 S. Douglas
Durham, KS 67438
(620) 732-2096

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 6, 9:00

Post by roginoz »

We had twenty-eight in Durham this morning. I didn't get a count on bikes or mileage, but I'll get it out of the book later. (Brian carried it back, as Mickey, Steve, and I left for Indianapolis right after breakfast.)

I have my netbook with me, so I'll be able to post next week's ride in a couple of days (after I get hold of the cafe.)

If anyone got photos, go ahead and post them (our resident photographer was on his annual pilgrimage to Sturgis today.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Hello from Sturgis, missed you ROMEO riders. I have a photo that may be of interest to some, I made this Sturgis Main Street photo on Tuesday.
Attachments
5882c-.JPG
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
BeemerBill

Post by BeemerBill »

Thanks Charlie, I hope you're having a good time....
Man there must be a LOT of trailers parked somewhere....
Ha-Ha-Ha..... :-P
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude