Lunch 11am, July 23, Mayetta KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

Lunch 11am, July 23, Mayetta KS

Post by swanee »

Well forecasters' tea leaves say weather so nice it's downright weird in mid-summer KS is coming to an end, and it will be back to plain old HOT on Wednesday the 23rd.

So we'll go back to a place that's not very far away (especially for some of you north of Topeka) so those who want come early and get back before its sweltering can do so. Or, if it turns out a little less hot than the 98 degree forecast, there are plenty of longer routes home--but I know you will all conscientiously avoid anything that involves additional calories along the way ;)

The place in Mayetta is one we've been to several times but not since last March. It's always good, they keep serving breakfast through lunch if that's what you want (they close at 2) AND they really make ROMEOs feel welcome!

See you at the Whistle Stop Cafe
108 N. Main
Mayetta, Ks
785-966-0049

http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
retreadd

Re: Lunch 11am, July 23, Mayetta KS

Post by retreadd »

Hi, Guys & Gals
Here are some PICs Linda took of the early Breakfast crowd.....
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am, July 23, Mayetta KS

Post by schoolmaster »

Sorry I'm so late posting this ride report, but I'm babysitting my three grandsons all under the age of 10, and that seems to be a pretty full time job! Don't know how their mother does it! Swanee did another great job of picking the perfect place for a lunch, and the weather cooperated to ensure what turned out to be between 45 and 50 ROMEO's after the final count. Hoser had counted 32 bikes at one point, but after that a rather sizable later-arriving lunch crowd showed up, we nearly filled the Whistle Stop for a second round. Thanks also to Bill & Linda for doing such a great job of taking some photos and posting them (I'm thinking that might turn into a more permanent gig on a regular basis for her) being not sure I was back yet from my ride to the Oregon coast. I'll go ahead and post some pics that I took after I got there.[attachment=21]DSCN3850.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]DSCN3838.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3839.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3840.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3841.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3857.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3858.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3842.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3846.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3847.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3848.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3849.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3853.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3854.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3856.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3851.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3852.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3859.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3861.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3862.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3860.JPG[/attachment]
Thanks to all of you who made it out this week, and thanks also to Swanee for setting up lunches in my absence. It was great to get back and see everyone and sort of get back "in the groove". The early forecast for next Wednesday looks pretty favorable with a high projected in the high 80's which is darn nice for this time of the year. I've got a couple of phone calls to make before I set next week, but here's a hint for August 6. It is a brand new place with a great looking menu, nice ambience and a great young couple full of enthusiasm for creating a great restaurant. Aw heck, here's another hint:[attachment=0]DSCN3863.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
This is so you know you're in the right place.
This is so you know you're in the right place.
Looks like a bunch of old birds perched on a very low wire.
Looks like a bunch of old birds perched on a very low wire.
DSCN3839.JPG
DSCN3840.JPG
DSCN3841.JPG
There were bikes parked pretty much everywhere on the street in Mayetta.
There were bikes parked pretty much everywhere on the street in Mayetta.
The later arrivals parked a little further down the street, but an impressive showing indeed.
The later arrivals parked a little further down the street, but an impressive showing indeed.
Still married after all these years.  The woman must be an absolute saint!
Still married after all these years. The woman must be an absolute saint!
DSCN3846.JPG
DSCN3847.JPG
DSCN3848.JPG
DSCN3849.JPG
DSCN3853.JPG
DSCN3854.JPG
DSCN3856.JPG
The breakfast choices looked pretty darn good.
The breakfast choices looked pretty darn good.
The 2x2x2 almost fell off the plate.
The 2x2x2 almost fell off the plate.
This is what you get when you hire a painter who only has 3/4 gallon of paint and no ladder.
This is what you get when you hire a painter who only has 3/4 gallon of paint and no ladder.
The Discount Tire special.  All you need is one more, some roll-up windows, throw in a little AC, and you could roll this off of the Suzuki auto dealer showroom.  James must be seeking the ultimate comfort ride?
The Discount Tire special. All you need is one more, some roll-up windows, throw in a little AC, and you could roll this off of the Suzuki auto dealer showroom. James must be seeking the ultimate comfort ride?
There was so much chrome on this Softail that it was gleaming in the sun.  This beautiful bike belongs to a friend of Roger's who was making one of his first ROMEO rides.  Sorry I didn't get to meet him, but welcome to ROMEO!
There was so much chrome on this Softail that it was gleaming in the sun. This beautiful bike belongs to a friend of Roger's who was making one of his first ROMEO rides. Sorry I didn't get to meet him, but welcome to ROMEO!
This group apparently was enjoying the camaraderie  (and the shade) because they were still hanging around when I left just before noon.
This group apparently was enjoying the camaraderie (and the shade) because they were still hanging around when I left just before noon.
These are all the hints you get for this week, but remember, this is for AUGUST 6.  I'll post next week's ride by Friday afternoon or Saturday.
These are all the hints you get for this week, but remember, this is for AUGUST 6. I'll post next week's ride by Friday afternoon or Saturday.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster