Lunch 11 AM July 2, Belvue, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM July 2, Belvue, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

I stopped and visited with Rick, the owner of Cottage Inn in Belvue, Ks. and he was thrilled to hear that we wanted to dine at his fine establishment. I counted seats and there are 41 of them, not counting the bar stools so we should be in good shape especially since we sort of spread out between breakfast and lunch eaters. He is open at 8 AM and serves breakfast until he closes at 2 PM. Lunch starts around 11. There will be a lunch special, and it will be special, because Rick hasn't decided yet! I think this will be a place where we will be really appreciated, based upon the number of times the owner thanked me for us coming to eat at Cottage Inn. So here's the deal:

The Cottage Inn
507 3rd St.
Belvue, Kansas
785-456-8332

Breakfast all day. Lunch around 11 so do what you do. (As if it would make any difference if I told you to do something different!)

Long Range Forecast: Mostly sunny with a HI of 86

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11 AM July 2, Belvue, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

The hot beef sandwich for $7.25 was absolutely delicious.  And there must have been one huge beef roast in the oven this morning because there was a healthy serving of roast beef on every plate!!
The hot beef sandwich for $7.25 was absolutely delicious. And there must have been one huge beef roast in the oven this morning because there was a healthy serving of roast beef on every plate!!
This really is Kansas and this really is July, and yes today in Kansas the temperature by the time I arrived home in late afternoon on the bank clock near my house was 67 degrees!! I believe the high today maybe reached mid-70's. If the weather keeps up like this I think I'll buy a motorcycle so I can ride regularly :lol: The Cottage Inn in Belvue did a great job of accommodating the 50 ROMEO's that showed up for chow today. There was never a wait for anyone, food was served promptly and from the feedback I received from several, everything was really good, so to Rick and his staff, a great big ROMEO thank you for a job well done![attachment=18]DSCN3605.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3606.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3613.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3603.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3604.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3607.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3608.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3610.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3611.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3612.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3614.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3616.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3617.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3618.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3619.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3620.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3621.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3622.JPG[/attachment]Thanks again to Rick and his staff for doing such a great job of hosting us today. And thank you to all of you who showed up to support ROMEO, support a great small business, and enjoy a great ride and a great lunch in the process. I believe this would qualify as another great day to be a ROMEO! I hope you all enjoy a great holiday weekend and are ready to get back on the road next week. Stay safe!
Attachments
They were ready for us when ROMEO's started arriving for breakfast around 9:15. And we kept arriving until the last group showed up around 11:15.
They were ready for us when ROMEO's started arriving for breakfast around 9:15. And we kept arriving until the last group showed up around 11:15.
Looks pretty ordinary from the outside, but the food was excellent and the service was top notch.
Looks pretty ordinary from the outside, but the food was excellent and the service was top notch.
Thanks to Rick and his staff for doing such a nice job.  Rick wanted me to thank everyone who showed up today, as he really appreciated the business.
Thanks to Rick and his staff for doing such a nice job. Rick wanted me to thank everyone who showed up today, as he really appreciated the business.
A lot of folks hung around outside enjoying the weather and each other's company before going in to eat.
A lot of folks hung around outside enjoying the weather and each other's company before going in to eat.
In case they ran out of corn, they had some extra stored across the street.
In case they ran out of corn, they had some extra stored across the street.
Connie was showing her bike to Bucky.  This was Connie's second time riding her bike to ROMEO lunch although she has attended several in her van as she recovered from her motorcycle mishap last fall.  Great to see you back on two wheels Connie, and welcome back.
Connie was showing her bike to Bucky. This was Connie's second time riding her bike to ROMEO lunch although she has attended several in her van as she recovered from her motorcycle mishap last fall. Great to see you back on two wheels Connie, and welcome back.
This is what an intelligent conversation looks like.  (Just don't listen)
This is what an intelligent conversation looks like. (Just don't listen)
DSCN3610.JPG
DSCN3611.JPG
DSCN3612.JPG
The friendliest dining establishment in Belvue!
The friendliest dining establishment in Belvue!
DSCN3616.JPG
DSCN3617.JPG
Always good to pick up home improvement ideas when you travel.
Always good to pick up home improvement ideas when you travel.
The parking lot was packed earlier.  This was the scene toward the end of the morning as people had already started to head out for pie.
The parking lot was packed earlier. This was the scene toward the end of the morning as people had already started to head out for pie.
Part of the Belvue street scene.
Part of the Belvue street scene.
Mick still has a yellow one with only two wheels for sale. He needs to get rid of it because the neighborhood covenants where he lives specify a yellow limit in the yard and environs and he has exceeded it.
Mick still has a yellow one with only two wheels for sale. He needs to get rid of it because the neighborhood covenants where he lives specify a yellow limit in the yard and environs and he has exceeded it.
There was a ton of this going on in the parking lot after lunch.  The weather was just perfect for standing around and enjoying the day.
There was a ton of this going on in the parking lot after lunch. The weather was just perfect for standing around and enjoying the day.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster