Lunch 11 AM, June 25, Osage City, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, June 25, Osage City, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

For those of you who believe you don't get your pie and your paycheck, or your lunch in the same place, you have some planning ahead to do for next week. Because we're having lunch at many of the guys' favorite pie stop when we ride south. That's right-we're going to lunch at:

Marilynn's Place
1216 Laing (Hwy 31 on the east side of town)
Osage City, Ks.
785-528-3769

So here's the details. They serve breakfast until 10:45, so if that's your plan you know what to do. Lunch people usually arrive around 10:30 and have lunch around 11. The lunch special on Wednesday is breaded cod and fries or you can order off of their extensive menu. The food is terrific here so don't miss this one. The forecast as of this morning for next Wednesday is Mostly Sunny with a high of 83. Larry #2 could be home for his nap before the thermometer even gets out of the 70's. So what's keeping you from showing up for this one? Nothing that I can think of.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/marilynns-place-osage-city

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11 AM, June 25, Osage City, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

The weather forecast from a week ago appeared "spot on" for today as it was an absolutely beautiful day for a ride with temps in the 60's early this morning finally reaching the mid-80's by 3:30 pm today. Along with clear, blue skies, and hardly any wind, you all responded with a big crowd at Marilynn's in Osage City. Hoser, our official motorcycle counter and parking lot supervisor, came up with at least 51 motorcycles in the parking lot, although admittedly counting this bunch is like counting a herd of cats with all the "comings and goings". According to Shawn, the manager at Marilynn's there were well over 60 ROMEO'S who strapped on the feed bag for either breakfast or lunch today.[attachment=20]DSCN3580.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3582.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3584.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3583.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3585.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3586.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3587.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3588.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3589.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3590.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3591.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3592.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3593.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3594.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3595.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3596.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3597.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3598.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3599.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3600.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3602.JPG[/attachment]A sincere thank you to all who showed up today. The owners at Marilynn's were thrilled with the crowd and appreciated everyones' patience as they tried to get everyone served in a timely way. they real did a nice job of getting over 60 of us in and out in a relatively short period of time. I hope everyone got a chance to take a new way home today and enjoyed the scenery. It certainly was a beautiful afternoon for a ride in the Flint Hills. Another great day to be a ROMEO!!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Attachments
One of the nice things about the large parking lot at Marilynn's is there's lots of shade and the early arrivals took full advantage of that fact.
One of the nice things about the large parking lot at Marilynn's is there's lots of shade and the early arrivals took full advantage of that fact.
DSCN3582.JPG
You need to be awfully careful buying things from a shady looking character who deals in cash and sells items out of his trunk.
You need to be awfully careful buying things from a shady looking character who deals in cash and sells items out of his trunk.
Oh, and by the way, to the gentleman pictured on the right (sorry I don't know your name) purchasing a shirt from Roger, (who I sort of got the sense that he thought that one of his fellow ROMEO's stole his camera), you can get it back from Roger if you ride to Mapleton on Friday.  You apparently laid it on Roger's motorcycle seat while you were purchasing your T-shirt and forgot to pick it up.  It doesn't look like it ever made it into the bathroom!
Oh, and by the way, to the gentleman pictured on the right (sorry I don't know your name) purchasing a shirt from Roger, (who I sort of got the sense that he thought that one of his fellow ROMEO's stole his camera), you can get it back from Roger if you ride to Mapleton on Friday. You apparently laid it on Roger's motorcycle seat while you were purchasing your T-shirt and forgot to pick it up. It doesn't look like it ever made it into the bathroom!
DSCN3585.JPG
DSCN3586.JPG
DSCN3587.JPG
DSCN3588.JPG
DSCN3589.JPG
DSCN3590.JPG
DSCN3591.JPG
Randy came quite aways across the state line today.  Fortunately, some outstanding Kansas citizens from Baldwin volunteered to supervise his stay.
Randy came quite aways across the state line today. Fortunately, some outstanding Kansas citizens from Baldwin volunteered to supervise his stay.
Nice touch on the front door of Marilynn's.  Little touches like this make you feel good about small town USA.
Nice touch on the front door of Marilynn's. Little touches like this make you feel good about small town USA.
When you see this sign, it really means "stop for pie!"
When you see this sign, it really means "stop for pie!"
Lots of people took advantage of the shade, not only to park, but also to stand around and visit after lunch.
Lots of people took advantage of the shade, not only to park, but also to stand around and visit after lunch.
Should have been a sign, Valkyrie Parking here!
Should have been a sign, Valkyrie Parking here!
Pretty much side by side.
Pretty much side by side.
ROMEO clusters everywhere after lunch, scattered all over the shady parts of the lot!
ROMEO clusters everywhere after lunch, scattered all over the shady parts of the lot!
DSCN3599.JPG
Serious discussion over where to go next for dessert.
Serious discussion over where to go next for dessert.
These Harley guys really get around! It's a multi-state effort-way to go gentlemen!
These Harley guys really get around! It's a multi-state effort-way to go gentlemen!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
shoresr

Re: Lunch 11 AM, June 25, Osage City, Ks.

Post by shoresr »

cam2.JPG
cam1.JPG
Who knows there still might be a camera in the restroom, however I think he laid the camera on my bike while he paid for a shirt for Larry, the SEK Ride Coordinator. Too bad everyone is not perfect like me :lol: I will take the camera to him in Mapleton on Friday. Hope to see you :!: Remember a little rain never hurt anyone. :? :shock: :lol:

Mick it was truly a great day. A big ROMEO THANK YOU from all of us for stepping in and doing such a fine job. Everyone appreciates you and the job you are doing. ;)