Lunch 11am May 28th Dover,Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am May 28th Dover,Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D This is my favorite place to go. Great food, Great Pie, Great roads to the west. Pulse they always love to see us.
See you this Wed. at
Sommerset Hall Cafe
Dover,Ks
785-256-6223
Bucky :lol: :lol:

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am May 28th Dover,Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

Well, between 35 and 40 ROMEO's showed up at Sommerset Hall Cafe in Dover because it's Bucky's favorite place. Plus, he says this is his last ride as EK Coordinator, so we had to have a good showing. This has to be one of the most beautiful times of the year to ride in rural Kansas, and Hwy. 4 has to be one of the prettiest rides in Kansas.[attachment=26]DSCN3501.JPG[/attachment][attachment=25]DSCN3500.JPG[/attachment][attachment=24]DSCN3517.JPG[/attachment][attachment=23]DSCN3499.JPG[/attachment][attachment=22]DSCN3498.JPG[/attachment][attachment=21]DSCN3503.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]DSCN3506.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3508.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3509.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3511.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3502.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3504.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3512.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3514.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3515.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3516.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3518.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3519.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3520.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3510.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3521.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3522.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3505.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3526.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3523.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3524.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3525.JPG[/attachment]It was an absolutely gorgeous day to ride through the Flint Hills. Even better, Harry picked up the tab for the treats at the Apothecary in Council Grove. Man, it was another great day to be a ROMEO.
On another note, Bucky's last day as coordinator was today and we owe him a big thanks for doing it for three years. But he's done and somebody needs to step up. Please, someone take it on. It's a great bunch of folks and Wednesday just wouldn't be the same if I couldn't get to hang out with you bunch of derelicts every Wednesday. Come on. Somebody volunteer!
Attachments
No matter how you got there, this is the place where it's happenin' in Dover.
No matter how you got there, this is the place where it's happenin' in Dover.
Yes, it was "make your own sandwich day".  All the meat, cheese, potato salad, tuna salad and salad salad you could stuff into your craw for $6.95.  About half the ROMEO crowd opted for breakfast, the other half had lunch.
Yes, it was "make your own sandwich day". All the meat, cheese, potato salad, tuna salad and salad salad you could stuff into your craw for $6.95. About half the ROMEO crowd opted for breakfast, the other half had lunch.
You could pick from here, all you could eat.
You could pick from here, all you could eat.
Ice by the bag, but they would put it in a glass for you too.
Ice by the bag, but they would put it in a glass for you too.
Bill showed up from Olathe on his new Yamaha Stryker.  Beautiful metallic white, gleaming in the sun.
Bill showed up from Olathe on his new Yamaha Stryker. Beautiful metallic white, gleaming in the sun.
Nice restoration from a bygone era.
Nice restoration from a bygone era.
There was a lot of this going on today.
There was a lot of this going on today.
DSCN3508.JPG
John sitting with Bucky, who looks pretty happy in his favorite place.
John sitting with Bucky, who looks pretty happy in his favorite place.
DSCN3511.JPG
If you haven't followed this scenic byway, you need to get 'er done.
If you haven't followed this scenic byway, you need to get 'er done.
It even comes with periodic directional signs.
It even comes with periodic directional signs.
Even though Memorial Day is over, this is a nice slice of small town America.
Even though Memorial Day is over, this is a nice slice of small town America.
Some of the breakfast crowd. And yes, pie is a breakfast food.
Some of the breakfast crowd. And yes, pie is a breakfast food.
DSCN3515.JPG
DSCN3516.JPG
DSCN3518.JPG
DSCN3519.JPG
DSCN3520.JPG
There weren't many parking spaces left.
There weren't many parking spaces left.
Everybody kept wondering who rode in on this, but nobody would confess.  So we set up a hidden camera to catch the culprit.
Everybody kept wondering who rode in on this, but nobody would confess. So we set up a hidden camera to catch the culprit.
Yep it worked.  Hoser was the man.  You never know what to expect next from him.
Yep it worked. Hoser was the man. You never know what to expect next from him.
If you follow this sign, it's one of the roads west that Bucky likes, and it leads you to Council Grove.
If you follow this sign, it's one of the roads west that Bucky likes, and it leads you to Council Grove.
And the apothecary has an old fashioned soda fountain.  Who knew?
And the apothecary has an old fashioned soda fountain. Who knew?
Two nicely dressed elderly women came around the corner and stumbled onto this.  I believe they said, "Oh no, it's a bunch of old men"  And they turned around and quickly hightailed it out of there!
Two nicely dressed elderly women came around the corner and stumbled onto this. I believe they said, "Oh no, it's a bunch of old men" And they turned around and quickly hightailed it out of there!
Keith, sweet talking a sweet young thing.
Keith, sweet talking a sweet young thing.
And finally, probably a good thing to do in a restroom where a bunch of ROMEO'S gather, pipe in oxygen to the restroom.
And finally, probably a good thing to do in a restroom where a bunch of ROMEO'S gather, pipe in oxygen to the restroom.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
hoser

Post by hoser »

As I got to Eskridge on the way to Council Grove, a little voice kept telling me: Where the hell do you think you are going, you know you haven't got my fog lights operational or my volt meter and horn operating! Long story short, I went to my sweltering garage to wrench on the old gal. Got the lights and voltmeter up, got the horn to go.She does talk to me, honest. :o Hoser
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Thanks bucky. What a great job.