Thunder on the Smokey Rally – Marquette, KS - May 17

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
roginoz

Thunder on the Smokey Rally – Marquette, KS - May 17

Post by roginoz »

If you haven't been to the museum in Marquette, here's an additional reason to go.

This is an annual event held to promote.the Kansas Motorcycle Museum. ( http://ksmotorcyclemuseum.org/) Lots of bikes, of all varieties, and plenty to see and do, including the museum and some stunt riding. There are a couple of restaurants in Marquette, in addition to food vendors who set up for the rally.

I'll be leaving from my garage, 1510 Haskell, Wichita, at 9:00 AM if anyone wants to ride along. It's about 85 miles from my place to Marquette, which will take about an hour and a half.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
BeemerBill

Re: Thunder on the Smokey Rally – Marquette, KS - May 17

Post by BeemerBill »

Some friends and I rode up to Marquette for this, had a great ride and time. It looked like there was a pretty good turnout, lots to see, do, and eat.... I enjoyed the Trails Riders Show, those guys are something else.... I thought the museum was in better than usual shape, you could tell the volunteers worked hard getting ready for this Rally, my hat goes off to them for it. I bumped into several ROMEO's there, from the south-central, north-central, and eastern groups, great seeing you guys. This was their 10th annual event, and I thought they did themselves proud, with one exception.... NO bike show in the park.... I know it's a bike show in itself, just walking the streets looking at the bikes there, but I always enjoyed checking out the bikes in the bike show. Does anyone know the reason why the bike show was a "No-show" ? Anyway, I'm already looking forward to the next "Thunder on the Smokey Rally"....
Attachments
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG (164.35 KiB) Viewed 659 times
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG (153.64 KiB) Viewed 659 times
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG (174.26 KiB) Viewed 659 times
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG (158.07 KiB) Viewed 659 times
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude