Lunch 11am April 30th Wamego, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am April 30th Wamego, Ks

Post by bucky »

:D Just got done talking to Rex, at the Friendly Cooker in Wamego. She said they would love to have us. We can order breakfast or lunch. My kind of place.
Friendly Cooker
520 Lincoln St
Wamego, KS 66547
785-456-8460

I am leaving now for breakfast with the South East Group at Leroy, then on over to the Fool's in April Meet. Should be a fun Weekend.

See ya there
Bucky :lol: :lol:

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am April 30th Wamego, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I think the threatening rain clouds this morning may have deterred some from making the trip to the Friendly Cooker in Wamego. Also a few of our regulars are whoopin' 'n hollerin' in Branson today. So there were 12 hardy souls who braved the threatening clouds to join up for lunch. Although there were a few sprinkles here and there and a little bit of wind from the northwest, it turned out to be a pretty nice day to ride, with temperatures in the mid 50's. [attachment=10]DSCN3408.JPG[/attachment]For some reason the picture didn't save to my file of the restaurant next door to Oz, but it was called Toto's Tacos. I never did see Toto. Hmm, I wonder what kind of meat they were using in the tacos??[attachment=9]DSCN3409.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3410.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3411.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3415.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3416.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3413.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3414.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3412.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3417.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3418.JPG[/attachment]Six of us took the ride down 99/4 through Eskridge and over to Dover on the way home. I should have taken a picture of the coconut cream pie and especially the apple dumplings because they were spectacular. I'd never seen Allen cry before, but he was in the restroom when the waitress mentioned they had apple dumplings, and when she showed up at the table with apple dumplings he had already started his pie. I swear I saw a couple of tears well up in his eyes. Oh well, it was still a great day to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
And by the way Toto, I think we must be in Kansas still.
And by the way Toto, I think we must be in Kansas still.
This was the street scene in Wamego.  We only took up about 9 parking spaces.
This was the street scene in Wamego. We only took up about 9 parking spaces.
Apparently the eagle HAS landed, and he landed on top of this gorgeous old building.  And he didn't look any too happy either.  Hmm, that could be where Toto went!
Apparently the eagle HAS landed, and he landed on top of this gorgeous old building. And he didn't look any too happy either. Hmm, that could be where Toto went!
This was the Friendly Cooker.  And the food was fabulous.
This was the Friendly Cooker. And the food was fabulous.
Larry #2 ordered Breakfast Special #1 and was the first one served.  According to Harry, who reviewed Breakfast Special #1 and said the bacon was primo, and verified that it was from a real, authentic hog!
Larry #2 ordered Breakfast Special #1 and was the first one served. According to Harry, who reviewed Breakfast Special #1 and said the bacon was primo, and verified that it was from a real, authentic hog!
This was the Friendly Cooker, the Friendly Server, and the Friendly Dishwasher.  They did a terrific job!
This was the Friendly Cooker, the Friendly Server, and the Friendly Dishwasher. They did a terrific job!
These were the Friendly Romeos on the south side of the table.
These were the Friendly Romeos on the south side of the table.
These were the Friendly Romeos on the north side of the table. Bob also rode in from Overland Park-sorry I didn't get you in the picture.
These were the Friendly Romeos on the north side of the table. Bob also rode in from Overland Park-sorry I didn't get you in the picture.
This bike drew most of the attention today.  Bill bought this 2012 Victory in Oklahoma and when he picked it up it had only 848 miles on it.  I've never seen a black bike that shined like this one did. And apparently the widow that he purchased it from had a big smile on her face when he left…because he left her a big wad of cash, of course.
This bike drew most of the attention today. Bill bought this 2012 Victory in Oklahoma and when he picked it up it had only 848 miles on it. I've never seen a black bike that shined like this one did. And apparently the widow that he purchased it from had a big smile on her face when he left…because he left her a big wad of cash, of course.
No trip to Wamego is complete without a ride through the park.  Although you couldn't ride through today, because it was all roped off, with lots of tents.  Looked like preparations for the annual Tulip Festival were underway for this weekend.  And the tulips are ready too; they were just beautiful.
No trip to Wamego is complete without a ride through the park. Although you couldn't ride through today, because it was all roped off, with lots of tents. Looked like preparations for the annual Tulip Festival were underway for this weekend. And the tulips are ready too; they were just beautiful.
A view of the lake in the park.  Notice all the tents set up in the background.  I've never made it to the Tulip Festival, but it looks like fun!
A view of the lake in the park. Notice all the tents set up in the background. I've never made it to the Tulip Festival, but it looks like fun!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am April 30th Wamego, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I didn't want to give out incorrect information about happenin's in Wamego this weekend. It is not the Tulip Festival. That was two weeks ago. This weekend is the Kansas Sampler Festival, which is also a big deal if you've never been to one before. http://www.kansassampler.org/festival/
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster