Club 4 Corners Wed Feb 26th 11:00 am

Moderator: Al Hayes

lleeth

Club 4 Corners Wed Feb 26th 11:00 am

Post by lleeth »

The weather is going to be cold, so lets go south, all the way to 4 corners.
Thats the junction of 75 and 56 highway.
The specials will be Hot beef with mashed potatos and gravy or Pork tender sandwiches , sounds good.
Hope to see you Wednesday, ride or drive, but be safe as always.
#2 Larry

Club 4 Corners
15745 S Topeka Ave, Rural Scranton,Ks
PH 785-793-2800

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
bucky

Re: Club 4 Corners Wed Feb 26th 11:00 am

Post by bucky »

:D :D Larry........Thanks for posting this week. Four Corners is a good spot,they have great Pork=T's and we haven't been there in awhile. How was Froggy's last week? How many showed up? Was it a good day weather wise? Where did you go eat pie after words?
Bucky :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lleeth

Post by lleeth »

Bucky, Froggy"s was good as always, food was very good. A lot of the guys had breakfast,
more food then most could get down.
The last I counted there was 15 bikes. I think most everyone including #2 rode. The weather was
nice especially coming home.
Glad your home and hope every thing is fine with you. Lost my Mother when she was 93
so know how that is. Never really ready for both parents to be gone.
See you Wednesday, Larry#2
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4446.JPG
The shirts with the design created by our own Connie H. have arrived. In order to make the price more reasonable, I ordered a few extras. In the short sleeve I have 1 md, lg, xl and 2-2X. Short Sleeve are $15 except for the 2X. The long sleeve I have 1 md, lg, xl, and 1-2X. They are $18 except for the 2X. I have to order 36 at a time from this vendor, so this may be the only time they are available till it warms up. If you email me I will save you one. Connie's design came out real well. Several of you have already ordered and will have your shirts this Wed. twowheels2eat@yahoo.com (Roger #10)
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Thoughts of riding crossed my mind this morning until (a) I looked out the window and saw snow on the street, and opened my garage door and (b) a blast of 12 degree wind hit me in the face and discretion took the place of valor. So I pulled my hat down real low and slinked into my pickup to join 20 other ROMEO's for lunch at 4 Corners west of Overbrook.[attachment=12]DSCN3332.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3333.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3334.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3331.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3322.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3325.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3326.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3330.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3328.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3329.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3321.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3324.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3335.JPG[/attachment]Thanks to everyone who showed up today. Seems like the allure of hanging out with ROMEO friends outweighs the cold and makes you want to get out anyway. But it sure will be nice when temps at least get out of the teens so you'll know you're at the right place when you pull up and parking lot is full of motorcycles instead of cages.
Attachments
However, there were three cowboys who took the Duke's advice and saddled up this morning.
However, there were three cowboys who took the Duke's advice and saddled up this morning.
The three "cowboys" were Mike and Don, who straddled the saddle from KC, and Swanee who rode a "fer piece" in his saddle from the north side of T-Town.
The three "cowboys" were Mike and Don, who straddled the saddle from KC, and Swanee who rode a "fer piece" in his saddle from the north side of T-Town.
This is where the crew sat down for chow today.
This is where the crew sat down for chow today.
This was one of the specials for $5.75 and it was down right delicious.  Tom reported that the pork tender was darn good too.
This was one of the specials for $5.75 and it was down right delicious. Tom reported that the pork tender was darn good too.
Roger rode in on the front seat of his Tahoe this morning, and he's surrounded by #3 and #2.
Roger rode in on the front seat of his Tahoe this morning, and he's surrounded by #3 and #2.
Bennie was especially well behaved, although it might have had something to do with the fact that "Mrs. Bennie" was sitting right across the table.
Bennie was especially well behaved, although it might have had something to do with the fact that "Mrs. Bennie" was sitting right across the table.
Duane and Klem are holding down the fort at the kids' table.
Duane and Klem are holding down the fort at the kids' table.
The Klingler boys arrived from Baldwin accompanied by Joe's better half.
The Klingler boys arrived from Baldwin accompanied by Joe's better half.
It took Swanee about 10 minutes to get his riding gear off so he could eat lunch.
It took Swanee about 10 minutes to get his riding gear off so he could eat lunch.
Walt added a sense of decorum to this table when he arrived, except for that damned hat he keeps wearing!
Walt added a sense of decorum to this table when he arrived, except for that damned hat he keeps wearing!
Mike and Don were the first riders to walk in, and certainly get the "Duke tough guy" award for riding the furthest in the coldest.
Mike and Don were the first riders to walk in, and certainly get the "Duke tough guy" award for riding the furthest in the coldest.
In fact, the Duke appeared at the head of the table to ensure that everybody acknowledged their manhood, and didn't question their judgement :)
In fact, the Duke appeared at the head of the table to ensure that everybody acknowledged their manhood, and didn't question their judgement :)
On the way home I turned my heater up a notch, took off my gloves, got out my camera, and took a picture of this, thinking all the time, "Why didn't I ride? That sure looks like fun!"
On the way home I turned my heater up a notch, took off my gloves, got out my camera, and took a picture of this, thinking all the time, "Why didn't I ride? That sure looks like fun!"
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
hoser

Post by hoser »

Great report as usual, Mick. Hoser :D
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle
swanee

Post by swanee »

You're giving me too much credit Mick--I don't even live north of the river.

A "brisk" 23 miles from my house via 470/75 in the upper teens. Since it was in the "balmy" 20's after we ate, I did the "epic" 36 mile journey back via Burlingame & Auburn Rd. :mrgreen: