ride report 06-10-09

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Klem

ride report 06-10-09

Post by Klem »

Well guys I think if we came up with an overall rating system on the place we go, this one would be way up there. Food was good, service was out standing. I didn't see anything that we could really fault Miss B's on. As I mentioned before, giving me feedback helps make the decisions on whether to go back or not. Richard says it is important that we help the small places and that is true. But they must also give us a satisfactory experience to get us to come back. I also believe that a good turnout makes a nice day for a business, but coming back as individuals and bringing friends helps them more.

The turnout was in the high twenties counting the drivers plus riders. Like I always say, it's your company we want not just the motorcycle. So if the weather is bad or any other reason you feel more comfortable with more wheels under you, come on down. Harry and I stayed wet from the barn to the last turn in Louisburg. Marvin was twenty minutes behind us and never got a drop on him, (unless you count the bird do on his front fender). I figured as close as we were to K.C. more of you would have gotten the bike out last minute and rode on over. The ride home was all dry and good.

But all is well that ends well. My mistake was not eating a slice of pie. I made it over to Burlingame and got an Ice tea to start with and just never made it to pie.

I guess it's time now to break out the dart board with the map on it to decide where we are going next week. How does Garden City sound?
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
JerryM100

Re: ride report 06-10-09

Post by JerryM100 »

Yeah, my ride down from Overland Park (all 24 miles of it!) was pretty misty and wet. Not too bad, cleared up when I got down there. Then turned into a decent day. Anyway, here are some pics I took of the few bikes that made it (27 or a few more).

Jerry in KC
Attachments
Bob Diehl made it back from his Alaska trip - 8300 miles in 3 weeks, no major problems.
Bob Diehl made it back from his Alaska trip - 8300 miles in 3 weeks, no major problems.
Jack Winney said he wimped out and drove his cage, but at least he made it there! A lot of others are reading this and wishing they went now.
Jack Winney said he wimped out and drove his cage, but at least he made it there! A lot of others are reading this and wishing they went now.
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 007.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 006.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 005.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 004.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 003.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 002.JPG
Romeo Ride - Louisburg 001.JPG
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage