OFFICIAL INFO FALL RENDEZVOUS 9/16-18 2013

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
shoresr

OFFICIAL INFO FALL RENDEZVOUS 9/16-18 2013

Post by shoresr »

8TH Annual
Romeo’s Fall Rendezvous
September 16, 17 & 18, 2013

It’s hard to imagine but it’s time to start making plans to attend this year’s Fall out-of-state ride. Once again it will be held at The Hub Motel, Restaurant and Convention Center at Marble Falls, Arkansas, located on Scenic 7 Highway between Harrison and Jasper. So come ride some of the finest roads in the country. From the Hub’s central location, the Ozark Mountain roads stretch out in every direction, and each one is full of sweeper’s, twisties and beautiful scenery for your enjoyment.

Room rates will again be $50.00 plus tax with two person maximum. Also, there are two triple rooms for $75.00 plus tax with three person maximum. So get your riding buddies and reserve your room early. Last year some Romeo’s came without making reservations and we had to send them to Jasper or Harrison for rooms. If you are coming alone and don’t mind sharing your room, please let Debbie or the Romeo Group leaders know so maybe someone can share your room. For those of you who made reservations before you left last year Debbie is requesting you call to confirm. There will also be tent camping available for $10.00 a night with bathroom and shower furnished.

The restaurant usually isn’t open during the week but Randal and Debbie are going to open it starting Tuesday for our group. But for those of you that come early, there will be a wiener roast around the camp fire Monday evening furnished by Jr. and Shirley with drinks provided by Bob Lee.

Tuesday morning we can order off the menu at Scooters Restaurant starting at 6:30 AM. After we eat we can go riding until we feel like we need some monkey butt powder and/or we get so hungry it feels like our big guts are going to eat our little ones. Then head back to the Hub and get cleaned up. Any time after 5:30 you can walk over to Scooters for one of Randal’s delicious hand cut steaks or anything else off the menu (everything is good!). Randal says he will also fix prime rib if enough of us request it ahead of time. After your belly is full, I’m sure there will be a bull session around the fire.

Wednesday morning, 6:30 to 10:00, you can top off your tank with a breakfast buffet and then ride somewhere fun for lunch like Gastons Resort, Oark General Store, Cliffhouse, and War Eagle Mill. After we return to The Hub we can get cleaned up, relax and then for those who would like to participate, a group picture is planned in front of Scooter’s Restaurant around 5:30 PM followed by a group meal and camaraderie at the Convention Center at 6:00 PM.

Thursday morning get up and cry a little, eat breakfast and start for home. For those of you who aren’t ready to go home just yet, I think Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville is being held the 18th to the 21st.
Restaurant Hours

Monday – Closed (free hot dog feed 6 PM around the camp fire)
Tuesday: Morning – Open menu – 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Evening - Open menu - 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday morning – Breakfast buffet 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., $7.95 with drinks
Wednesday evening – Buffet 6:00 p.m., $12.95 with drinks & desert.

Until then ride safe and God willing, we will see you at The Hub.

Jr & Shirley
Parkville Rider

Re: OFFICIAL INFO FALL RENDEZVOUS 9/16-18 2013

Post by Parkville Rider »

UPDATE! :o

Just got off the phone with Jr. As previously noted, The HUB is full (not withstanding cancellations) so if you aren't on their waiting list and want to make sure you have a place to stay close by, Jr. along with Debbie at the HUB, have found a second hotel for your consideration.

Seville Hotel
302 N. Main Street
Harrison, AR, US, 72601
Phone: (870) 741-2321

Jr. said he had negotiated a reduced room rate. I did confirm a reduced rate of $55 (plus tax) for a room with queen bed. Please tell them you are part of the Romeo Rendezvous at the HUB.

Be aware they have a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Messengers(s)
;)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
shoresr

RIDE REPORT FALL RENDEZVOUS 9/16-18 2013

Post by shoresr »

The ROMEO FALL RENDEZVOUS was a great success and if you weren't able to come, you were missed. Several of our good friends that we only get to see at the Rendezvous were missing and we hope you are OK!!

Those that were able to attend were treated to a real good time. This was Shirley and Junior W. from Oxford, KS, eighth time to put on this event and every year it gets better. On Monday night they hosted a "hot dog" cookout over the camp fire for over 60 ROMEOs!!

Tuesday and Wednesday were the big riding days. Arkansas has some of the best motorcycle riding in the United States and the Romeos took full advantage. I am always impressed and amazed by how much our group rides. It is the rule, not the exception, to hear of guys riding over 200 miles every day. Some rode as singles, some in groups of 3 or 4 and I saw one group that left in a mist on Wed morning with 10 or 11. It is not hard to find good routes, but thanks to all the ride leaders that spent the time to share their "special" rides with the rest of us.

As I said this is our eighth year at the HUB and Debbie and Randal make it a little better each year. No, the HUB is not the "Ritz" but for a bunch of Retired "OLD" Motorcyclist it offers a lot.

It is awfully nice, after a hard day's ride, to kick back with friends, eat and sit around the camp fire.

Have you ever heard of a KERMIT chair? Yes those pieces make into a chair :lol: The "skeptics" had to be shown.
And he did it..in record time. Santa knew we were crazy!! :lol:
We found more entertainment in the parking lot ;) The dog looked soooo comfortable that Hoser thought he would try it.
Riding all day can make you tired. ;)

We didn't get the word out good enough as to when the "group picture" would be taken. As you can tell many ROMEOs missed the picture. We will do better next year!!

At the Wednesday Banquet, Junior asked me to read the statistics. With the exception of Harold notice how everyone is "hanging on my every word". :roll:

STATISTICS:
I have heard that "herding cats" is difficult, but trying to putting some statistics together on this group is really hard. Shirley tried, and we thank her. These may not be accurate but they are the best we can do. Just like our lunches, guys were coming and going all the time. I think 86 people signed in, but we estimate the total number was around 100!! Our biggest for sure.
FARTHEST DISTANCE. Denny had met a couple of guys at a BMW Rally in Red Lodge and invited them. THEY CAME and we enjoyed having them. They were from MICHIGAN. Jerry Lubbers, 959 miles, Kingston, MI. Normal for me, I can't remember the other guy's name. They are the two guys in the picture without the Romeo shirts.
(This picture has nothing to do with statistics)
OLDEST---82 Walt Hoffman, rode his BMW from Manhattan. Great job Walt, make sure you are here next year!!! Where was "Gibbo", I missed him...
YOUNGEST---Scott Overdorff 51, from El Dorado, KS. He also won the drawing!!
We counted 13 ladies. Thanks for coming ladies. You certainly improve the appearance of the group.
I saw two lady riders, one on a beautiful Valkyrie trike and one on a BIG YELLOW BMW!! , and I am told there was another. Good job ladies. It is not easy for anyone to handle these curves on a trike. Tricia sends a warning to everyone, WATCHOUT FOR THE LOG TRUCKS!! It was a "close encounter" but she is OK.

76 motorcycles, and 10 "brands" were noted.
28 - Hondas
17 - Harleys
15 - BMWs
6 Kawasakis, 3 Yamahas, 2 Suzukis, 2 Triumphs, 1 Victory, 1 Moto Guzzi and on CanAm "Spyder"

We had ROMEO riders from North Central, South Central, Eastern Kansas, Southeast and Kansas City. My unofficial count says the most riders were from Kansas City, but of course, I am prejudice, and it was close with Eastern Kansas and South Central. Corwin was the only one from Southeastern.

We needed to raise $150 to reimburse Jerry for the cost of the website and we were successful!! A special thanks goes out to Roger Sm.. and all the South Central group whose contribution made the job easy. Thanks to them, Grandpa Jack and everyone who paid to keep the website going another year. Our website is really good and it is the "glue" that holds us together. We all want to thank Jerry, in Houston, who keeps the "wheels turning" for all of us.

Shirley and Junior work hard to make things nice for us and sincerely hope you had a good time. Things can change, but as it stands now, we hope you can join us next year for the NINETH ANNUAL ROMEO FALL RENDEZVOUS, same time same place!! Ride safe and be well till then.

"PROUD TO BE A ROMEO"
Roger (KC) for Junior and Shirley

shoresr

Post by shoresr »

HERE IS A LINK TO SOME PICTURES POSTED ON THE NORTH CENTRAL ROMEO SITE

http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =10&t=2638

100_1572.JPG
100_1572.JPG (32.85 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Tricia almost missed the picture :o

Here is a link to some more pictures taken at the ROMEO FALL RENDEZVOUS

http://tinyurl.com/me62k9r

You can see, we had a good time. Hope you can join us next year!!