Helmet Laws

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Danny D

Helmet Laws

Post by Danny D »

Here is something I just got off another website.

Missouri Helmet News
The Missouri Senate voted to allow people 21 years old to ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet when NOT traveling on an interstate highway.

Ride safe!

Danny D
Klem

Re: Helmet Laws

Post by Klem »

True government logic, Make them mandatory where they make the least difference.

I am against helmet laws, I think that when the government tells us how to dress it is going to far. But after saying that I doubt if any of you will see me on a bike without a helmet on. I have destroyed two helmets while wearing them and a third time walked away from a car/bike encounter uninjured. I know mostly that's luck, but it doesn't hurt to help luck out a little.

Which reminds me it is past time for replacements. My old practice had been to buy a new helmet every year and keep one two years. That way I always had a good open and full face helmet. Somewhere I got out of the practice and now have two helmets that should be somewhere besides my head. Time to go shopping.

Thanks for the info Danny. I know there are many riders that don't like helmets. It's good to have a choice. We accept added risk when we ride instead of drive. It's an individuals choice on how much risk to accept.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough