Ride to Eat - Eldorado, Suzy's Chili Parlor - July 20

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
roginoz

Ride to Eat - Eldorado, Suzy's Chili Parlor - July 20

Post by roginoz »

I set up RTE events for the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association, and the riders on the ST-Owners forum (Mainly ST1300 and ST1100 riders,) but the events are open to everyone. We've had some ROMEOs show up at our previous RTEs, and would welcome any of you who can make this one.

Suzy's Chili Parlor
124 S. Main
El Dorado, KS
Saturday, July 20, Noon

Suzy's features huge chili dogs (there's a smaller version for the faint of heart,) burgers (including the awesome Frisco melt,) and a good variety of other sandwiches. They also have chicken fried steak and other entrees. Saturday is ham and beans day (with homemade cornbread,) and there's always Suzy's chili (also with homemade cornbread.) If the locals haven't eaten it all, the pie's pretty good, too. (Suzy's isn't open for dinner on Saturdays, so they only bake enough pie to last through lunch.)

There's some good riding in the area if your after-lunch schedule allows. Highway 177, east of Eldorado and north through the Flint Hills, is Kansas' first designated senic byway. Take Highway 77 south from Suzy's and you'll find yourself on Highway 400, also a nice ride.

I'll buy lunch for the rider traveling the farthest (including pie, if there's any left.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: Ride to Eat - Eldorado, Suzy's Chili Parlor - July 20

Post by roginoz »

I thought I'd bump this back to the top; the RTE is coming up this Saturday. Suzy said she'd hold back a couple of pies for us, so save room for dessert. The Ural dealer in El Dorado (3-2-1 Kawasaki) has a demo sidecar rig, if anyone wants to do some window shopping after lunch.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350