TUE 5/14 BANDANAS, SEDALIA, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUE 5/14 BANDANAS, SEDALIA, MO

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=6]about_slide.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]home-slide.jpg[/attachment]
BANDANA'S BAR-B-Q
2909 West Broadway Blvd.
Sedalia, MO
660-851-0610 JOE

All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Ok, I am breaking all the "rules" Mike V. suggested this place and I said "NO MIKE! the town is too big and it's a chain :o

But after listening to Mike rant and rave about this place, and tell me the ROMEOs had to go there, I looked at their website. http://www.bandanasbbq.com/index.html If their food is half as good as pictured on the website, oh and watch the video too ....We are in for a treat!! Besides the franchise is locally own and we haven't had BBQ in a long time ;) So guys cut me a little slack, which I know most of you will, and join Mike and me in Sedalia for what Mike guarantees will be the best BBQ you have had this week. (no excuses, but it is getting almost impossible to find a "mom and pop" in a town of less than 1000 that can feed 80 guys---with good food and good service----(DH :roll:) and I am always open for suggestions!!)
[attachment=4]IMG_1619.JPG[/attachment]We will be only 60 miles from Central Dairy, in Jefferson City :lol:
[attachment=3]IMG_1620.JPG[/attachment]What was the name of that thing Melissa ordered?
[attachment=2]IMG_1616.JPG[/attachment]Boy, I hope nobody twists my arm :lol:
[attachment=1]weather1.jpg[/attachment] For some it was a pretty long trip up the Gallatin last week. For some this will be another long trip. They are already forcasting 85 degrees. It won't be long before it will be too hot for lunches and we will be riding to breakfasts close in. I called Bucky, the Eastern Kansas Ride Coordinator who was riding in Arkansas. He said Larry #2 L. was picking their ride this week. There are going to one of there favorite places Easton, KS. So, if you don't want to go 83 miles to Sedalia head up to Easton, KS with Eastern Kansas on Wed. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1 on better yet do BOTH :P

Don't forget, most of the rides are marked on our google map and it is update every week and almost hourly All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

You guys are the greatest. Hope you can join us.

Anyone who wants to ride down Highway 50 with me, meet at the Phillips 66, 205 S Bynum Rd, Lone Jack, MO and be ready to leave at 9:30 am Tues 5/14/13 - Roger
I am suppose to be able to pickup shirts on Monday. Hopefully I will have them in Sedalia on Tuesday and Easton, on Wednesday.
[attachment=0]Gallatin Corner Cafe 001.JPG[/attachment]
Mike says "You all come now :P Your gonna love Bandanas :!: "
Attachments
about_slide.jpg
home-slide.jpg
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1616.JPG
weather1.jpg
Gallatin Corner Cafe 001.JPG
rivers63386

Re: TUES 5/14 BANDANAS - SEDALIA, MO

Post by rivers63386 »

Bandana's is a really good choice.... We go to the one in Lake Ozark almost every time we are at the lake!! They do dry rub barbecue.. like St Louis style and then have 6 different sauces. Yum!
TerryBlueRT

Post by TerryBlueRT »

Roger, Doug & I are coming over for lunch ,see ya
In Sedalia!
Terry G
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Looking to be a great day. Doug and Terry are from Central Missouri Romeos!!

My "ARM has been twisted", for those who want to we are going from Sedalia to Central Dairy in Jefferson City for the greatest ice cream ever. Last time Dan D took us on a nice ride back to KC. He lived down that way and is very familiar with the area. We had a great ride. He has offered to lead us again. There is some very good riding and scenery. It is going to be a fun day. Hope you can join us. 85+ put on the sunblock and drink plenty of water!!
Roger
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

Bandana's! Good choice! Good Bar B Q, good service, appreciative management and servers. You would think you were in a small town in one of our regular Romeo cafes if there is such a thing as a Romeo café. It's fun to see all the Romeos each week having such a good time. Lloyd and I needed to get back to Butler early today. We sure hated to miss Central Dairy with all those of you who rode over for ice cream before going home. Here are a few of the pictures from Bandanas.

Proud to be a Romeo
Randy

[attachment=9]001.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=8]002.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=7]003.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=6]004.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=5]005.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=4]006.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=3]007.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=2]008.JPG[/attachment]
In each of the above pictures everyone is smiling. Is it
1) Bar B Q
2) just the thought of food
3) everyone is having a good time
4) Central Dairy is our next stop
5) all the above

[attachment=1]009.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]010.JPG[/attachment]
Are we havin fun yet?

Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Pictures and fun from ROMEO LUNCH in Sedalia, dessert at Central Dairy in Jefferson City and a scenic ride home.

Somewhere around 15 riders left Lone Jack at 9:30 am and headed down Highway 50 to Bandana's in Sedalia for BBQ, where we met up with another 40 or 50 Romeos.

This is only about half the bikes. We filled their parking lot.

Mike V. had suggested Bandana's and he did not steer us wrong. The food was excellent, the service "cute" and fast (Page was our waitress) and reasonably priced. Hot doughnut holes, rolled in powdered sugar can't be beat.

They wouldn't let me sit next to Melissa so this was my new best friend.

It is always good to see Vicki and Dan. We had a quite a few ladies. Gail and Denny rode down from Camden Point, MO. Certainly the prize for the farthest 2up. And Gail does it on the back of a GS!! Now that is devotion :shock:

Swanee is certainly one of our most loyal ROMEOs. It is not unusual to see Swanee and THREE Romeo lunches a week. He rode 155 miles (one way) from Topeka to make this lunch. ;)

Norm is suspicious of what Melissa is reading. After all it is just BBQ sauce. I what to thank Norm for being sweeper for all 318 miles. It is not a fun job, he did a great job and we never lost a rider. :roll:

Here, if you don't like that sauce put this on your menu :lol:
Just kidding the crew at Bandana's, and they had brought in the reserves for us, was great.

Leland over from Paola. Junior we have go to get you a Romeo shirt ;)

A bunch made the trip from Sedalia to Jefferson City for ice cream. There is no place like Central Dairy.

Of course, the reason for the trip and the "arm twister" was Melissa. She had to have her BOSANOVA. I probably spelled it wrong, but it sound like the dance. She was very happy. :P

I don't think Denny did too bad with is HOT FUDGE SUNDAE :shock:

Don said he had to hurry. He and Rachel were going dancing tonight and he had to pick her up at 6:30. He looks worried doesn't he. He even said he couldn't call her because he left his phone at home :shock: and no one would let him make a call on their phone ;) (Rachel, don't be too hard on him, he really was worried about not getting home in time)

Sherry is such a pretty lady. She always makes me happy. Last year she and Paul ordered two and it was too much. This year, it was one :!:

Up above is the "Polish Prince" picture from our last trip to Central Dairy. This is this year's picture--this is a single scoop of Cinnamon Vanilla :mrgreen:

It was good to see Gene. It has been awhile. All the BMW riders were glad to see him.

No thanks, I am full :!:

Norm was saying, "This was sooo big I don't know whether I can finish it" The group waited while he finished, but wouldn't let him take a nap. And we were off again.

Dan D is from St. Elizabeth's. A town of 336 a little south of Jefferson City. He knows all the roads in the area and he led us on a fun route home. Here is a link to a google map showing our route.
http://goo.gl/maps/d77Ue Try it sometime, you will be glad you did.

I made an album of all the pictures we took. Here is a link to my picasa album
http://tinyurl.com/bgzmpq9

The group that road from Lone Jack back to Lone Jack, rode 318 miles. We left at 9:30 am and got back to Lone Jack about 6:00pm. Poor Gayle had another couple of hours to get to Camden Point. She and the other ladies who made the whole trip were real troopers. Ladies, I am glad you came with us. I hope you had a good time. Melissa and I ride a lot of miles, but we were glad to get home. It WAS as long day but we sure had a good time. Thanks for sharing it will us.
Until next time, ride safe and have fun.
Melissa and Roger

Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Roger, the link to your picasa album will not open, says "you do not have permission to open". :D

I made a smaller link, let me know if that helps

http://tinyurl.com/bgzmpq9
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT