New Member in Topeka, Ks

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
RedCBHonda

New Member in Topeka, Ks

Post by RedCBHonda »

Hello,

Met Don one day when I was in Pauline; and he told me about the group.

Long story short, Born in Fort Scott, Ks. Moved with family to Washington, DC area/Arlington, VA in 1960. After high school, worked in a Honda Dealership during the week and raced scrambles and later Class C flat track on the weekends. Late 1970's went back to school and ended up back in Kansas to complete my degree. Got a job, got married, no motorcycles until, God bless her soul, my wife passed away in 2005. Bought a Harley. Retried in 2008. Bought a couple of basket-case Bulacto Sherpa T's (am very close to having one completely restored). Bought a BMW, then a Kawasaki trail bike. Sold the Harley, traded the BMW and Kawasaki in on a new Honda CB1100 and now have about 170 miles on it. Fell in love with the bikes Retro 1970's styling and feel along with all of the modern technology.

Hope to join in on rides with the group.
RedCBHonda

The older I get, the faster I used to be.
Klem

Re: New Member in Topeka, Ks

Post by Klem »

Good to have you join us. If you make the ride the mile will add up on the Honda pretty quick. It may be as little as 20 miles to lunch but we can take a few hundred getting home on a nice day.

Are you going to remember which side the shift lever is on the Bull.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
RedCBHonda

Re: New Member in Topeka, Ks

Post by RedCBHonda »

Don,

That's a good one. I remember getting used to the right hand shift when I first got the Pursang that I raced with back then. Once you got used to it, it really was an advantage having the shifter on the right because all of the turns on ovals were left hand; so you didn't have to lift your foot to shift in the middle of a turn.
RedCBHonda

The older I get, the faster I used to be.