Greetings from Lee's Summit, MO

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
Mike5380

Greetings from Lee's Summit, MO

Post by Mike5380 »

Hello

My name is Mike and I am not yet retired, but will be within a few more years. I have been riding since high school in the 60's, started out with Hondas, went to British bikes for a while, went back to Hondas, went Harley, then back to Honda, now back to Harley. Right now I have a 2010 Road King and am thnking about trading this winter for an Ultra Classic Limited.

I mostly ride solo. I have a 150 mile daily commute from Lee's Summit down to Lowry City for work every day, so I split that off between my bike and my car. But, I still manage to get 10K-12K on each one every year. It's a fantastic ride, all double lane divided 70mph country highway. I see animals all the time, deer, turkey, fox, and even eagles ... although I didn't see a single eagle this year, but always looking for 'em.

Anyway, I found you guys from a post on another forum. It looks like there are a lot of locals here from the Kansas City area, so I hope to meet up and enoy some good food sometime.

Mike
Raintree Lake
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Attachments
High school graduation present ... to myself
High school graduation present ... to myself
Current ride, 2010 Road King, Osceola Camp on the Osage River, Osceola, MO
Current ride, 2010 Road King, Osceola Camp on the Osage River, Osceola, MO
Klem

Re: Greetings from Lee's Summit, MO

Post by Klem »

Mike,

Love the Shooting Star. Is it history or in the shed? Nothing like rolling a thumper over discovering you had the ignition accidentally on to teach you humility.

You are in a good area to join the Romeos. You can ride with the K.C. group on Tuesday, Eastern Kansas on Wednesday and the South Eastern on Friday.

Join us when you can and don't forget the New Years at Vassar.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
Mike5380

Re: Greetings from Lee's Summit, MO

Post by Mike5380 »

Don,

Thanks for the reply. The Shooting Star is long gone, it was stolen just before I went into the Army in 1969. You're right about "rolling a thumper", it had a mean kickback that would put you over the handlebars, the key was learning how to use the compression release!

I have my bike on a battery tender right now, but if we get a warmer weekend, maybe in the 40s-50s, I'll break it out for a ride. The KC group looks like an obvious pick since I live in Lee's Summit, but my dad lives down in Chanute, KS, so I try to get down to see him once a month or so. So, the groups in Eastern and South Kansas might also be an option for me.

Thanks again for your note. Let's do lunch sometime.

Happy New Year!

Mike