TUE 7/10 WESTON CAFE, WESTON MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

Parkville Rider

TUE 7/10 WESTON CAFE, WESTON MO

Post by Parkville Rider »

Okay, Roger asked for some help with this week's event, so I did my best to end this terrible heat wave ;) and talked the weather guesser into cooler temperatures. :lol: Can you deal with a high in the 80's? :o Now don't break out the heated gear or long undies, but at least you can take the ice cubes out of your helmet for this one; and, it's close enough for anyone on the Kansas side to join us if you want to ROMEO over the border on Tuesday and then Reading on Wednesday as the weather still looks great :!:

The place opens at 6 A.M. serving breakfast for you early birds, but the owner said they stop chasing the chickens for eggs at 11 for lunch. She will have a lunch special for us, but it will be a surprise as it's a day-by-day thing. So plan on a nice ride in a northerly direction this week. Dena is rolling out the ROMEO welcome mat and hopes for a good turn-out.

WESTON CAFE
407 Main St
Weston, MO
816-640-2224

Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Gary & Mary a.k.a.
Your Parkville Rider(s)

Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Parkville Rider

Re: TUE 7/10 WESTON CAFE, WESTON MO

Post by Parkville Rider »

What a great day for a ride! :D Even after mid-day it still was 88 with only a light breeze and sunny skies. Many arrived early for breakfast being used to the recent heat, so we have no idea how many attendees joined the fun and LOUD conversation(s). The old style metal ceiling tile didn't help much, but as long as you weren't trying to talk to someone on the other side of the room, you got your point across. We even had some new faces and the cafe really appreciated the business which they said had been really slow due to the weather.

Thanks to all who made today's event a ROMEO success. FYI, I did get an email from Roger that he and Missy made it home yesterday afternoon from Fort Wayne IN. They had a great time at Wing Ding and experienced no problems along the way.

Stay tuned in to the website as we have another surprise for next week :?: I'll post some pictures and I think Randy was snapping a few too so maybe he will add his to our contribution.

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. Your Parkville Rider(s)
S
Attachments
Who is that guy with the suspenders???
Who is that guy with the suspenders???
Don & Sharon were glad to be back in the saddle.
Don & Sharon were glad to be back in the saddle.
Trying not to get run over in the middle of the street.
Trying not to get run over in the middle of the street.
ROMEO variety of rides.
ROMEO variety of rides.
Other side of the street.
Other side of the street.
Now for what we came for, food and conversation.
Now for what we came for, food and conversation.
Great looking omelet, but did he really ask for half a cup???
Great looking omelet, but did he really ask for half a cup???
Always great to have the ladies along.
Always great to have the ladies along.
Common Dennis, give him five!
Common Dennis, give him five!
ROMEO's are always #1.
ROMEO's are always #1.
John & Don trying to decide what to order.
John & Don trying to decide what to order.
Mary giving Jr. & Ginger and ear full.
Mary giving Jr. & Ginger and ear full.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

Good ride, good food and good friends, doesen't get any better than this. Thank you to Gary and Mary for getting things setup for today. Left Butler this morning at 8:45 and just returned at 4:00. As usual we took the long way home and enjoyed every mile. Even has to stop for pie/cinamon roll/root beer float/ice tea at Corner Cafe somewhere on one of our scenic sidings. I believe we were in the last group to arrive today at Weston. The place was full, the service was good, the food was good and I am sure no lies were told. As you can see from the pictures everyone was having a good time and glad to be out. We were the last to leave the Cafe and they sure were appreciative and glad to have us. Lloyd steped in to ask the lady accross the street if she was going to come to the cafe today and help serve today. She said she didn't have here tall shoes with her to day so she was going to stay in her shop. There is a lot of work going on in Weston renovating some of the old stores and hotel. Weston would be a good destination for a day ride for a group or couple.

Everyone have a good week.

Randy

[attachment=14]100_1671.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=13]100_1670.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=12]100_1672.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=11]100_1673.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=10]100_1674.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=9]100_1675.JPG[/attachment]Trying to decide who goes in first

[attachment=8]100_1676.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=7]100_1678.JPG[/attachment]Someone seems to have everyones attention

[attachment=6]100_1679.JPG[/attachment]Yep! George always gets our attention

[attachment=5]100_1680.JPG[/attachment]Good to see Bob and his wife. He had a great trip and took a lot of pictures

[attachment=4]100_1681.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=3]100_1682.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=2]100_1683.JPG[/attachment]Smiles all around

[attachment=1]100_1684.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]100_1685.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
100_1671.JPG
100_1670.JPG
100_1672.JPG
100_1673.JPG
100_1674.JPG
100_1675.JPG
100_1676.JPG
100_1678.JPG
100_1679.JPG
100_1680.JPG
100_1681.JPG
100_1682.JPG
100_1683.JPG
100_1684.JPG
100_1685.JPG
Ole GW

Post by Ole GW »

Another good ride, more good food, great pics! The Oatmeal Gang is usually the last bunch to arrive, since we meet for breakfast every Tue., then mount up and ride to lunch, so don't wait for us, go ahead and eat (Larry)! Ride to breakfast, then turn around and ride to lunch--it's a rotten job, but somebody has to do it! Others think this Romeo stuff is easy, but I'm telling ya, "It's tough"! Many thanks to those who plan the rides and take the pictures.
Mike H.
Mike
Bob K.

Post by Bob K. »

Take two, Randy and Lloyd (and anybody) I think I have posted a link to my southwestern trip pictures under General Discussion, I copied Hoser's way of using Photobucket. I hope this works. Bob K.
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

Thanks for sharing Bob. That had to be a fun trip.

Randy