Lunch Bern Ks. June 13, 2012

Moderator: Al Hayes

Klem

Lunch Bern Ks. June 13, 2012

Post by Klem »

Ok guys this should be a special ride for us. Kind of spooky not knowing what the weather will be but the owner said that if we brought rain with us they would probably pay us. I guess northern Kansas has been a bit dry.

If you read other parts of our website then you probably have read that some eating establishments have been contacting us in hopes of us coming to their place of business. Some are places we have been and just far enough that we don't seem to go back and some like this one heard of us and are excited about us coming. In fact I don't think I have ever talked to anyone that sounded any more excited about anything since we told Becky's dad we were getting married about 40 years ago. And that was a little different kind of excitement if you know what I mean. These folks connected us through the website and when I returned their email, will it's been a ride. I got calls from the cook and her cell number to make sure we can get anything we want. I don't know what all is happening but it sounds like they are really excited and want to make it memorable.

I know this is going to be more of a ride than normal, but this was normal before we split into many groups. There is good riding in this area. Good German food. People that are over the top friendly. Hoser even made a recon run for us and said the food was great and he was treated like a king. So it should be worth a few extra miles. I don't want you to press your limits but I think this and the next weeks picnic are rides you should make if you can. I think he said there was a park across the street so we have a good place to visit. So fill you tank, throw a water bottle in the bag and lets once again meet, greet and of course eat

Lunch 1100 Wednesday June 13, 2012
Bern Cafe
406 Main
Bern Kansas
785-336-3100
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

as always ride safe

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
hoser

Re: Lunch Bern Ks. June 13, 2012

Post by hoser »

It looks good to me guys, plenty of room, plenty of shade in the park, good pie, in a nice little town. access through Seneca , first north and then east, or us75 and west at Sabetha , on 1st blacktop west after passing Sabetha. look for the ball park lights, turn west there. Hoser 8-)
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle
Klem

Post by Klem »

Guys I hope the weather holds and we can have a good ride up to Bern. In all my years of doing this I have never had a business, make that town so interested is us coming. These folks are excited and I do mean excited that we are coming. I had a call from the restaurant owner today that was taken by the answering machine since we were out. There are three local manufacturing business of some kind and he was asking if we would like tours while we were here. From the sounds of things he is getting the whole town involved with us eating lunch. This is the ride to make if you can.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
TomK

Post by TomK »

Several years ago I took a carload of folks from my plant in SD down to Bern to look at a grain mill as a possible source for some of our dry mix. They could not have been more interested in our coming to Bern, and treated us very well. Likely the cafe is now run by someone else than back then but I would expect the same great warm welcome as we recieved!
PaulF650

Post by PaulF650 »

A great ride and lunch today. And what a warm welcome.
A few pics.
Paul

Bern 6-12 edit.JPG
Bern 6-12 (2).JPG
Bern 6-12 (3).JPG
Attachments
Bern 6-12 (4).JPG
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Bern Bern Cafe 018.JPG
And welcome we were. The "red carpet" was not rolled out by one person but the whole town :D[attachment=18]Bern Bern Cafe 003.JPG[/attachment]Don "Klem" was more than a little nervous as to whether we would have a big enough turnout to warrant all the attention we were getting from the Bern citizens.[attachment=17]Bern Bern Cafe 005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]Bern Bern Cafe 008.JPG[/attachment]Don worried so much he even talked Becky into coming. She is one of our Lady Riders. ;)[attachment=16]Bern Bern Cafe 004.JPG[/attachment]Thanks to everyone for making the trip. Don has to be please as well as the town of Bern.[attachment=14]Bern Bern Cafe 009.JPG[/attachment]I love it...the guys saw these pies and asked that their pie be served first :o Little did we know these people were ready for us and this table was never empty. I had the strawberry and oh my goodness!! [attachment=13]Bern Bern Cafe 014.JPG[/attachment]This was one of the busiest and cleanest kitchens I have ever seen. [attachment=12]Bern Bern Cafe 011.JPG[/attachment]John came all the way from Ottawa :P [attachment=11]Bern Bern Cafe 006.JPG[/attachment]But this John holds my unofficial recognition for the most miles traveled to this lunch, 196 miles. He left Chanute, KS at 5:30 am this morning. I guess I had better go to Stark on Friday, huh :roll:[attachment=10]Bern Bern Cafe 013.JPG[/attachment]Mama's back in town and we all missed her. [attachment=9]Bern Bern Cafe 015.JPG[/attachment]I hope you had an opportunity to meet this guy. He is MR BERN!! He did it all and was everywhere. [attachment=8]Bern Bern Cafe 010.JPG[/attachment]Notice the Strawberry Pie, and this was BEFORE lunch or breakfast in some cases ;)[attachment=7]Bern Bern Cafe 012.JPG[/attachment] Maybe the caption show be "deer in the headlights" :lol: [attachment=6]Bern Bern Cafe 016.JPG[/attachment]The roast beef was so tender that they didn't even put knives on the tables and the prices were fair.[attachment=5]Bern Bern Cafe 017.JPG[/attachment]Somebody got a new trike, Sure is pretty.[attachment=4]Bern Bern Cafe 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]Bern Bern Cafe 020.JPG[/attachment]The end to a perfect lunch. [attachment=3]Bern Bern Cafe 019.JPG[/attachment]Don is checking his "GPS" to plan the route back home. :P (a map) [attachment=2]Bern Bern Cafe 021.JPG[/attachment]Here's my buddy again. I loved him. I can't remember a place we have been that some many of the towns people came out and took pictures of all the the bikes. I should have taken a picture of them taking pictures.[attachment=0]Bern Bern Cafe 001.JPG[/attachment]The "Oatmeal" gang Don and Ron with a little help from the Polish Prince herded the "CATS" from Kansas City to Bern.

It was a fun day. Thanks to all of you who put out a little extra effort for Don and the town of Bern, KS.
Attachments
Bern Bern Cafe 003.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 005.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 004.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 008.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 009.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 014.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 011.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 006.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 013.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 015.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 010.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 012.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 016.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 017.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 007.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 019.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 021.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 020.JPG
Bern Bern Cafe 001.JPG
5504doug@gmail.com

Post by 5504doug@gmail.com »

Love all the pics and comments. Especially when we miss the event. And this was PAVED parking....bahaaaaa...!!!
joetnks

Post by joetnks »

:D Great day for a ride and to top it off to see those windmills up close. The food was really good and one of the cleanest places and service was great too. They were sure ready for us and made us all feel very welcomed. Great seeing all the smiley faces of everyone there as always. Looking forward to more rides and meeting more people. Keep riding safe y'all.....JoeT
hoser

Post by hoser »

PaulF650 wrote:A great ride and lunch today. And what a warm welcome.
A few pics.
Paul

Bern 6-12 edit.JPG
Bern 6-12 (2).JPG
Bern 6-12 (3).JPG
Thanks for the pics, Paul, I lost all mine in a posting error! :o Hoser
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle