5/15 TUES TOOT TOOT or HUNGRY MULE!!

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

5/15 TUES TOOT TOOT or HUNGRY MULE!!

Post by shoresr »

OK, I am going to do something I have never done before----schedule two breakfast/lunches on the same DAY!! :o :shock:

The reason is Melissa wants to go to one of her favorite places. The trouble is, it is 100 miles from Kansas City. Even though the weather is gorgeous I try not to schedule rides more than 90 miles. Everyone knows Melissa has good taste when it comes to food and she knows you will agree that this place is worth the extra mile.[attachment=2]IMG_4961.JPG[/attachment]TOOT TOOT
2905 Miller Street
Bethany, MO
Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

She likes this place so much that when we left Kansas City for our ride around Lake Superior last summer we stopped at Toot Toot on our way north, for breakfast and for supper on our way home, breakfast or their lunch buffet is great. Their lunch buffet is $7.99 and it includes a salad bar that would be worth $7.99 all by itself, but you get great fried chicken, roast beef and everything else you could want and dessert. It is all you can eat, it is good and I guarantee you--you will need a nap before you can ride home. :lol:

[attachment=1]Lathrop Hungry Mule.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]Lathrop Hungry Mule 3.JPG[/attachment]Hungry Mule
300 North Street
Lathrop, MO
Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Now I realize that not everyone is interested in riding 200 miles for lunch and I know it is certainly possible to get a good meal a whole lot closer to home. So I have sat up a second breakfast/lunch location that I know you will enjoy. This is the Hungry Mule in Lathrop, MO. It has been quite some time since we have been to the Hungry Mule, but from the Lunch report it looks like we really had a good time. Here is a link to the lunch report of our last visit to the Hungry Mule http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... mule#p1710

Well, that should about take care of Tuesday!! The forecast is for good riding weather. I hope you are able to get out and take advantage of it. Remember if you're busy on Tuesday check out the website for other rides. The Mid MO Romeos are seeing how Monday's works and don't for get their FireNite this Saturday. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=1750 Normally there are THREE lunches scheduled on Wednesday or Grandpa Jack always finds a good place on Friday!! So before the weather gets too hot, kick those tires and head out for a ride. We try to update our google map with the locations of all the rides/lunches. Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week (There is a counter on the google map and the last time I looked over 76,000 people had view our map!! :o We are not such a little group anymore.)
Ride Safe and I hope I see you down the road--
Roger ;)
Attachments
IMG_4961.JPG
Lathrop Hungry Mule.JPG
Lathrop Hungry Mule 3.JPG
Bob K.

Re: 5/15 TUES TOOT TOOT or HUNGRY MULE!!

Post by Bob K. »

[attachment=5]Bethany Lathrop 006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]Bethany Lathrop 002.JPG[/attachment]There was a good showing at the Hungry Mule, and some ate a huge tenderloin then were going to catch the buffet at Toot Toot's!
Attachments
My sister Phyllis had her first ride and first Romeo lunch.
My sister Phyllis had her first ride and first Romeo lunch.
The Lathrop town dog was less than impressed.
The Lathrop town dog was less than impressed.
05-15-12 007.JPG
05-15-12 008.JPG
05-15-12 009.JPG
05-15-12 010.JPG
05-15-12 013.JPG
Keith parking, not unusual normally, but see under his kick stand!
Keith parking, not unusual normally, but see under his kick stand!
A pair of heart covered underware, in the parking lot.  (mens)
A pair of heart covered underware, in the parking lot. (mens)
Ron just found out that this wasn't TOOT TOOT's
Ron just found out that this wasn't TOOT TOOT's
Don's hat is a little dull, today.
Don's hat is a little dull, today.
05-15-12 020.JPG
Phyllis sat in the corner, but still got lots of good Romeo advice.
Phyllis sat in the corner, but still got lots of good Romeo advice.
05-15-12 023.JPG
05-15-12 024.JPG
Larry made the mistake of sitting down with members of the OATMEAL GANG!!
Larry made the mistake of sitting down with members of the OATMEAL GANG!!
05-15-12 027.JPG
Paul is having a good time.
Paul is having a good time.
John came all the way from Ottawa  91+ miles!!!  to Lathrop--the short ride???
John came all the way from Ottawa 91+ miles!!! to Lathrop--the short ride???
That's a tenderloin!
That's a tenderloin!
Been a while since we have seen Bill--I have a hat for you!!
Been a while since we have seen Bill--I have a hat for you!!
05-15-12 036.JPG
The newlywed returns to his old stomping grounds!!
The newlywed returns to his old stomping grounds!!
05-15-12 038.JPG
05-15-12 039.JPG
05-15-12 040.JPG
05-15-12 042.JPG
Phyllis had a real good time, both riding and meeting everyone.
Phyllis had a real good time, both riding and meeting everyone.
Bethany Lathrop 002.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 006.JPG
1968 Harley Davidson  (This guy must have eaten breakfast then returned for lunch?)
1968 Harley Davidson (This guy must have eaten breakfast then returned for lunch?)
Melissa and I had breakfast at the Hungry Mule on the way to TOOT TOOTs
Melissa and I had breakfast at the Hungry Mule on the way to TOOT TOOTs
Bob and Randy, thanks for taking pictures and posting--hope you don't mind if I stick a couple at the end--Roger
Bob and Randy, thanks for taking pictures and posting--hope you don't mind if I stick a couple at the end--Roger
It looks like you guys had a great time at the Hungry Mule-I know you made their day!!
It looks like you guys had a great time at the Hungry Mule-I know you made their day!!
Missing and Thinking of you SPIKE!!!
Missing and Thinking of you SPIKE!!!
rcrgl1800

Post by rcrgl1800 »

Here is a better picture Bob and his sister Phyllis. I had several other pictures taken today but Bob did such a good job with his camera I thought I would only add this one. Bobs pretty proud of big sis.

Notice how everyone is smiling and having a good time. The Hungry Mule is another jewel in the long list of Romeo cafes. Good food, good service and good fellowship, can't get much better. Heard there were some lucky ones that made an early stop at The Hungry Mule and then on to Toot Toot for lunch.

Randy
Attachments
009.JPG
shoresr

LUNCH REPORT FOR TOOT TOOT's 5/15/12

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=14]Bethany Lathrop 010.JPG[/attachment]OK, this has to be one of our PROUDEST ROMEO DAYS!!! :P I just looked at the report Randy and Bob did for the breakfast/lunch at the Hungry Mule in Lathrop and it looks like it was a wonderful time. So many familiar friendly faces having such a good time. I guess it was about 8:30 when Melissa and I stopped at the Hungry Mule for breakfast on the way to TOOT TOOT's in Bethany. Guys were already finishing breakfast and heading out on other chores. Before we finished breakfast more were coming, 9:00 am :!: WHAT TIME DO YOU GUYS GET TO AN 11:00 LUNCH :?: [attachment=13]Bethany Lathrop 018.JPG[/attachment]Melissa and I met Leland and Junior in the parking lot of TOOT TOOT's about 10:30. Leland had come up from Paola. I figure that has to be no less than 135 miles. 270 miles for breakfast :!: You wouldn't expect anything less of a guy that has over 700,000 certified miles on a BMW. Live the Ride ;) [attachment=12]Bethany Lathrop 009.JPG[/attachment]Melissa not only loves the food, but the flowers, too!![attachment=11]Bethany Lathrop 014.JPG[/attachment]The Johnston's. Peggy is usually behind the camera and provides us with some many good pictures.[attachment=10]Bethany Lathrop 016.JPG[/attachment]This is just a little bit of what we came for Fried Chicken, pork chops, HAM and the stringy Italian stuff that I can't spell. The Fried Chicken was good by everyone raved about the ham![attachment=9]Bethany Lathrop 013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]Bethany Lathrop 020.JPG[/attachment]Everyone agreed with Melissa's choice of a good place to eat. As usual, she was very happy at TOOT TOOT's, but when she found Coconut Cake, that put her over the top.[attachment=7]Bethany Lathrop 022.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]Bethany Lathrop 015.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]Bethany Lathrop 021.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]Bethany Lathrop 023.JPG[/attachment]The ladies definitely reined in Bethany today.[attachment=3]Bethany Lathrop 008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]Bethany Lathrop 024.JPG[/attachment]Ok, maybe I got carried away with the pretty ladies and the pretty flowers.[attachment=1]Bethany Lathrop 025.JPG[/attachment]If you looked at the pictures at the Hungry Mule in Lathrop you saw the OATMEAL GANG, Mike, Ron and Don. Also sitting at their table was Larry #1 from Edgerton, who always tells me that HE NEVER RIDES TO OUR RIDES ACROSS TOWN BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE THE TRAFFIC!![attachment=0]Bethany Lathrop 026.JPG[/attachment]and when I asked Larry what he was doing all the way up in Bethany, his answer was "I was just tagging along the with the Oatmeal Gang and I wouldn't have been here if I had known where they were going." That's our Larry ;) (and to top it off Larry lost his hat :cry: For sure, he will never come across town again.)

A truly great day--hope to see you in Council Grove tomorrow and with the Mid Missouri Romeos on Saturday night!! Ride Safe and ride often!!
Attachments
Bethany Lathrop 010.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 018.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 009.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 014.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 016.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 013.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 020.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 022.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 015.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 021.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 023.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 008.JPG
Bethany Lathrop 024.JPG
The Oatmeal Gang arrives in Bethany for lunch after having breakfast in Lathrop!!
The Oatmeal Gang arrives in Bethany for lunch after having breakfast in Lathrop!!
Bethany Lathrop 026.JPG
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

It just doesn't get any better than today's ride. As we were standing outside of Toot Toots, another male patron asked about our "gang" of motorcycle friends. After we explained the mission of the ROMEO group, he exclaimed "that's great, now I have something to look forward to after WORK!" He was very impressed with the ROMEO Riders and walked away with a smile on his face and I'm sure kind thoughts. Kind of makes you proud to be part of such a great unorganized mission specific group of riders. The ride to and from today's RTE was nothing less than perfect, a 205 round trip that will go down as one of the best. :D Heck, we may even head out tomorrow to see some of our Kansas cousins and my old home towns of Burlingame and Council Grove KS. 8-)

Gary & Mary a.k.a. Parkville Rider(s)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
pljohnston

Post by pljohnston »

First ROMEO arrivals to Toot Toot's
First ROMEO arrivals to Toot Toot's
IMG_7998.JPG
IMG_7999.JPG
IMG_8000.JPG
IMG_8001.JPG
IMG_8002.JPG
IMG_8003.JPG
IMG_8004.JPG
IMG_8005.JPG
IMG_8006.JPG