SPRING ROMEO RENDEZVOUS 2012

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
bucky

SPRING ROMEO RENDEZVOUS 2012

Post by bucky »

The cold air is starting to set in for the winter. So here is a little something for you to think, and plan for thru the cold months.
The Spring ROMEO Rendezvous for 2012 will be in Grove, OK. at the Stonebrook Inn. http://www.stonebrookinngrove.com
There are many things to do and see in Grove. One thing very nice is the HAR-BER VILLAGE.
We will be staying at the Stonebrook Inn ph# 877-868-9799. When you make res. tell them you are with ROMEO. we get a discount.
The ROMEO supper will be Broclee's Grill across the st, at 6pm. After supper meet back in the meeting room at the motel for some fun and games.
Think Spring
Bucky :mrgreen:

PS :lol: :lol: It is most fun to show up Tuesday Eve. Ride and do things Wed. during the day, and then have supper. :lol: :lol:

March 20th and 21st. Show up on Tuesday afternoon the 20th for a meet and greet. The supper and awards on Wed. the 21st
Parkville Rider

Re: SPRING ROMEO RENDEZVOUS 2012

Post by Parkville Rider »

Dates? :?
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
bucky

Post by bucky »

:shock: :shock: Sorry about that. It will be the first day of Spring. March 20th and 21st. Show up on Tuesday afternoon the 20th for a meet and greet. The supper and awards on Wed. the 21st. :oops: :oops:
Bucky
Klem

Post by Klem »

When you are at the Spring Rendezvous you may want to check out the Har-Ber Village. Besides being a museum it also has a place for lunch.

http://www.har-bervillage.com/
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
TomK

Post by TomK »

Reading IS hard isn't it Don, especially for you, Larry, and me. Bucky has Har Ber in his original post. SO THERE! HA! :lol:
Klem

Post by Klem »

TomK wrote:Reading IS hard isn't it Don, especially for you, Larry, and me. Bucky has Har Ber in his original post. SO THERE! HA! :lol:
But I put the web site on so you can read about it, but then there is that reading problem. Ho Ho Ho.
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I just made my reservation at the Stonebrook Inn. The ROMEO rate is $60 per night, $18 less than the rack rate.

I plan to leave Wichita on Tuesday, March 20, in case anyone wants to ride along. It looks like about four hours to Grove. Bob & Company may be leaving earlier; I haven't heard yet.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Klem

Post by Klem »

On February 10 I will send in an order for T shirts. This will probably be the last chance to get one delivered before the Spring ride in Grove. Prices are still the same and colour is your choice. However the Safety Green that some refer to as yellow is still the most popular colour. Will get them in short sleeve, long sleeve or sweats. Will also get other styles and they will be priced on what I pay.

email me at sourdough40@hotmail.com

Don
Richard

Post by Richard »

Guys - Let's see if I did this right!

http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=2735

OK - now we know there's some great riding around this area too!
bucky

Post by bucky »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: This year 2012 The ceremony's after supper will be a cross between the Academy Awards, and the Dean Martin Roast. We have taken up a collection, and with that moneys we went to the local Salvation Army and purchesed the awards. There will be three categories.
R.O.M.E.O. Person of the year.
R.O.M.E.O. Hero of the year.
And the Teddy Bear award.
There will also be recognition for
Most miles riden for the year
longest distanct to event
oldest rider at event
oldest bike at event

This year we will pick these persons. Next year YOU will pick these people by sending in a name and a short story along with it. These Awards and Roast will for fun and because we LOVE all ROMEO'S
When you arrive at the Motel, make sure you go to the meeting room and sign up.
Bucky :roll: :roll: :roll:
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Bucky: Do you need any door prizes this year? :?:
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
Bugsey

Post by Bugsey »

My attendance is effectively cancelled. Too sick.
Last edited by Bugsey on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1985 Goldwing
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I'm going to have to cancel my trip to Grove. The ST1300 is apart for valve adjustments (one exhaust valve clearance out of spec on each bank of cylinders, so I have to pull both exhaust cams...) and I don't think that I'll have it together for a Tuesday departure. (I've checked the clearances before, but this is my first time to pull the cams and re-shim the followers.) I'm going to complete some other maintenance while all the body work is off, too.

If someone needs a room, I've just cancelled mine:

Stonebrook Inn
10400 Hwy 59 N
Grove, OK 74344
(877) 868-9799
(918) 786-9788
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Bugsey

Post by Bugsey »

Sorry guys , I have to drop out too. Been sick for over a week and only a little better. Fever got my strength and stamina. Still running fever. Sure would have liked to meet some of you . Got to meet Klem Kadiddlehopper Ride safe my friends.
1985 Goldwing
shoresr

Ride Report: SPRING ROMEO RENDEZVOUS 2012

Post by shoresr »

I hope everyone made it back from the Romeo Spring Rendezvous safe and sound. We had the makings of a great rendezvous. The Stonebrook Inn reported that they had over 54 room reservations which could have meant well over 100 Romeos. But 3 days of almost continuous rain dampened a lot of guys spirits and most cancelled. Bucky labeled this meeting at the first Romeo Truck Rally, because most of those who did attend came in trucks.
Bucky said he has been planning a First Day of Spring event for about 20 years. Even before there were Romeos. As always Bucky did a great job of finding a good place to ride, good accommodations and good food. We had a nice meeting room that was always available to us for meetings or just the normal "BS".

Even though it rained most of the day on Wednesday, I know of five bikes that hit the roads. Water, leaves, sand and rocks rushing across the roads, made for slower than normal riding, but it was still a beautiful area. There were reports of 8 inches of rain in the area and there was plenty of evidence.

Tuesday night we all went to a neat little cafe called Drakes. The food was excellent and the it was really cheap. Bucky always does a good job of looking out for our pocket books and still getting us good food.

Wednesday night the ROMEO's had dinner at Broccoli's across the street from the motel. It was very nice restaurant and Bucky had worked out a deal on a special of chicken fried steak that most enjoyed.[attachment=13]Grove Spring 2012 010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]Grove Spring 2012 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]Grove Spring 2012 006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]Grove Spring 2012 008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]Grove Spring 2012 013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]Grove Spring 2012 014.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]Grove Spring 2012 012.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Grove Spring 2012 015.JPG[/attachment]
After everyone's stomachs were filled we walked back to the motel and enjoyed the awards presentation. Bucky was very excited about the "Roasts" he had planned. He laughed and giggled as he told us about his research and preparation. We were all sitting on the edges of our chairs in anticipation when he told us that the honorees had cancelled and we would have to wait till next year!!
[attachment=14]Grove Spring 2012 016.JPG[/attachment]
The first award he presented was to the youngest rider. This years it was Sheryl Culver. Sheryl and Lloyd rode their Harley down from Butler, MO. It was Sheryl's first Romeo event. We hope to see a lot more of her.
[attachment=6]Grove Spring 2012 017.JPG[/attachment]The next award was a bottle of Monster Energy drink for the "Oldest Rider". This illustrious award was presented to Lee Hunt who had rode down on his BMW from the Kansas City area.[attachment=5]Grove Spring 2012 018.JPG[/attachment]
A bottle of 5 Hour Energy drink was given to the rider who had ridden the farthest and that was Rex on his red BMW from Independence, MO.[attachment=4]Grove Spring 2012 021.JPG[/attachment]
Roger recognized the High Mileage Romeos. This year 75 Romeos turned in 1,209,282 total miles, an average of 16,124 per rider. We think there are over 200 Romeos so be sure to write down your mileage and turn it in next year! Let's make 2,000,000 miles!! The top mileage riders were Bucky 34,000, Ken K (Manhattan) 34,873, Richard (Lindsborg) 35,748, Bob D (Springhill) 37,105, Roger (Leawood) 42,888 and the High Mileage Award went to John E. (Overland Park) 45,613 miles. John rode the same bike in all the lower 48 states IN ONE YEAR!! If you haven't seen the full report click here http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=1583[attachment=3]Grove Spring 2012 022.JPG[/attachment]
The "Teddy Bear" award was presented to Rex of Independence for the efforts he made to make sure everyone had a good time.[attachment=2]Grove Spring 2012 023.JPG[/attachment]
Lee Severt and Jeff Blevins were recognized for their steadfast loyalty to the Romeos. No one could remember a Romeo event that they had missed and everyone enjoyed the stories of their many riders together. Lee and Jeff certainly epitomize what being a Romeo is all about.[attachment=1]Grove Spring 2012 025.JPG[/attachment]
Even though the field was limited by the weather, and Bucky did not want to give an award to someone who was not in attendance, Roger S (Leawood) was honored for his contributions to the Romeos.

The evening ended with the Romeo doing what they do best, sharing their favorite story and enjoying each other's company. Sorry, if you could make it. Everyone that was in attendance had a great time.

ADMIN NOTES: MARK YOUR CALENDERS!!!
The Spring Rendezvous is intended to start the year's riding season. Since the rain limited attendance make sure you check out the next group Romeo Event, the "Fools in April Campout" at Pomme de Terre Lake April 20 and April 21. Cook your own on the 20th at the campsite and we will all go to a restaurant on the 21. There are motels nearby for those who don't like to campout. All the info can be found at http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=1671

Our newest Romeo Group is planning a Mid MO "FIRENITE EVENT" on May 19 at the Cedar Ridge National Park, 6 miles east of Ashland, MO. This could be a good time to me some of our MID MO ROMEOS!! http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=1750

I saw a lot of you taking pictures. You are welcome to go ahead and post them here or send them to me and I will do it for you.
Attachments
Sheryl the "Youngest Rider"
Sheryl the "Youngest Rider"
The "Love Birds"  Ginger and Junior
The "Love Birds" Ginger and Junior
Randy and John two of the riders were having a hard time smiling.
Randy and John two of the riders were having a hard time smiling.
Grove Spring 2012 008.JPG
Grove Spring 2012 013.JPG
Leo wanted to eat...not have his picture taken!!
Leo wanted to eat...not have his picture taken!!
Sheryl and LLoyd our only two-up on a Harley from Butler
Sheryl and LLoyd our only two-up on a Harley from Butler
Whow!! Tell me riding a motorcycle doesn't keep you young!!!  Verma and Lee
Whow!! Tell me riding a motorcycle doesn't keep you young!!! Verma and Lee
"Oldest Rider" BMW Lee Hunt
"Oldest Rider" BMW Lee Hunt
Rex, Independence, MO rode the farthest!!
Rex, Independence, MO rode the farthest!!
John English received a Guardian Bell for riding the most miles in 2012
John English received a Guardian Bell for riding the most miles in 2012
Rex receiving the "Teddy Bear" award
Rex receiving the "Teddy Bear" award
Grove Spring 2012 023.JPG
Grove Spring 2012 025.JPG
Bucky with his table of awards, most were hand made by <br />Bucky!!
Bucky with his table of awards, most were hand made by
Bucky!!