Old and retired in Leavenworth

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
rtinlvks

Old and retired in Leavenworth

Post by rtinlvks »

Hello to all,

I am a retired 8th grade American History teacher in Leavenworth KS. I usually ride alone. I tried to ride with the Leavenworth Tour Riders (a Goldwing group), but it seems we could never hook up.

When I am not substitute teaching (the boss only wants me to be semi-retired) I ride several times a week.

I am looking forward to riding to lunch with the Eastern Kansas folks. I always try to eat lunch during my rides and now I may not have to eat alone.

My ride is a 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400, although for in town riding I have a 2009 Aprilia SR 50 Factory 50cc Scooter.

I look forword to meeting some of you on one of the rides.

The picture of my Burgman was taken last fall. Now that historical marker at the end of Kansas 7 at the Nebraska border is under the Missouri River.

Gregg
Attachments
Nebraska Scooter Ride 2010 020.JPG
Last edited by rtinlvks on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing new in the World except the history you do not know.
Harry S. Truman
Klem

Re: Old and retired in Leavenworth

Post by Klem »

Gregg

Welcome to the fold. We are a pretty kick back group. As you probably know by now the meeting place is the eating place. Once you come to a ride or two you will find someone from your area to ride with if that is what you want. Some of the guys like to ride alone some in small groups.

You are always welcome to join in with any of the groups, just pick your ride for the day.

Since you found introductions you should have no troubles with the rest of the web site or actually forums. If you want to post a ride that you want to have, or bring our attention to an organized event use "Riding Events" If you want to shoot the bull or post a story of a ride you have had use "General Discussions"

We welcome feedback and suggestions on new places. Since there is really no organization or rules everything is pretty easy.

Hope to see you Wednesday

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
rtinlvks

Re: Old and retired in Leavenworth

Post by rtinlvks »

Thanks Don,

Hopefully I will be able to ride on Wednesday and see you all in Horton.

See you on the road (or at lunch),

Gregg
There is nothing new in the World except the history you do not know.
Harry S. Truman