New Guy from Lyons

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
RVN VET

New Guy from Lyons

Post by RVN VET »

This was meant to be!! I was out riding last Wednesday to no where in particular when I saw a Goldwing and a new Voyager up ahead on US 56 east. I fell in the tailgunners position and rode with them from McPherson to Emporia. My intent was to ask about the Voyager as I ride a Nomad and am looking to buy a new bike next year. We all pulled in at a Quizno's in Emporia and I introduced myself and asked about the bike. After we discussed the merits of the Voyager they asked if I was going to the picnic. I had no idea what they meant and they explained the Romeo's and that peaked my interest. I am sorry I forgot these guys names but they were from Mounridge (CRS is in effect here).

I rode over to Peter Pan Park and saw some guys parking their bikes. Told them that somebody told me there were a bunch of old guys on motorcycles around there but I didn't see any and neither had they. (Just kidding!! They were all about my age.) Anyways, I had already committed to having a chicken dinner at the Chicken House in Olpe so I couldn't stay. (I would recommend this as a dining place in the future.)

However, I have joined up and look forward to meeting all you guys as I am a retired Fed employee, 62 years young, ride a 2005 Kawasaki Nomad with about 62,000 miles on it. (It isn't a garage Queen and rarely rides a trailer.) I live in Lyons, KS and Emporia was where I grew up. Viet Nam vet hence the RVN VET moniker and am married with 6 grandkids. Nothing else I can think of so I will quit rambling on. CYA

Randy :D
Klem

Re: New Guy from Lyons

Post by Klem »

Randy

Welcome aboard, Living where you do, you will find the two central groups the closest to join, but feel welcome at any of the rides. Each group works an approximate radius of 100 miles around the home base. A few times a year we join forces like we did in Emporia. Usually just two groups at a cafe that is central. We also have a spring and fall ride in the Ozarks for a little get away.

General Discussions is where to post about things you want to share or questions.

Riding Events is about things going on others might be interested in, either organized rides or something you want to do.

Having grown up in Emporia just a few years ahead of you I am sure when we get together there will be a lot of people we know in common.

Don
Eastern Kansas group.
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
shovelmike

Re: New Guy from Lyons

Post by shovelmike »

Welcome, Randy, and thanks for your service. I am looking forward to visiting with you.