Trip to St Louis Mo.

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
Bob Lee

Trip to St Louis Mo.

Post by Bob Lee »

Folks, I am planing a trip to St. Louis Mo. to visit the American Museum of Transportation. The plan calls for one day for travel. One day for the Museum. And one day to travel back home. That means two nights in the motel. The dates that i have chosen is May 17th, 18th, and 19th. That will depend on the weather. Since I will be leaving from Wichita, I will be taking Highway US-54 as far east as Camdenton Mo. where The fun of riding the curves and hills begain. I will then turn south where I will be taking Missouri blacktops and even some County blacktops To make the trip more injoyable. I will be making reservations at a motel about four or five miles from the Museum, so that we don't have to go too far the next morning. The Museum (i have been told) has one of the largest collections of Steam Locomotive trains in the world. The Museum is located in the Southwestern part of St. Louis. And should be easy to get to without having to mix it up with the down town Traffic. So, As we get closer to the 17th i hope to here from anyone that would like to join us for such a trip. As for now i have at lease Four ROMEO's that have signed up. Contact me at 316-833-1910 Or send me a e-mail at genbob@sbcglobal.net General Lee
TomK

Re: Trip to St Louis Mo.

Post by TomK »

It's been a while since we took my then young son to that museum but it is quite a neat set up. Had cars, bikes, planes, lots of train cars and engines to go through. Most kids would like the place and so would a lot of us old farts. Have a great trip. Ride safely.