Another one growing old disgracefully.

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
Beemer438

Another one growing old disgracefully.

Post by Beemer438 »

Good Morrow, Gang, and please allow me to introduce myself. I am George from the UK.
Been riding since 1958, most things from a 50cc banshee, then a couple of scooters, then mostly flat twin BMW's with the odd Norton, BSA or Royal Enfield thrown in for good measure. With the BMW's I started in 1961 with a 1951 R/51 and a series of the things until a 1971 R60/5 which I sold two years ago after owning it for about 15 years. Now have a 600 Honda Revere. About 35 miles from here is an undertaker who runs a motorcycle hearse, the sidecar being a specially built thing to carry the largest coffins, and I have done a few funerals for him. Different, and good for my street cred!

Best wishes to all, ride safe and show the kids how to ride cool! 8-)
Klem

Re: Another one growing old disgracefully.

Post by Klem »

George, Glad you have joined in with us. I have had a few email exchanges with Cathy and she also told of her bikes. I believe one being a Revere. Not a model that is sold in the U.S. or at least not by that name.

I certainly hope that the Romeo forum helps you and your fellow riders further your riding experience. Nothing much better that sharing a meal and a story of "back when" with a friend.

Most of the Romeo Riders here are kids in their sixties, some in their seventies and a few in their eighties. Nothing like a good ride to help keep you young.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
JerryM100

Re: Another one growing old disgracefully.

Post by JerryM100 »

Welcome to the Romeos, George!

Thank you for your most gracious offer posted in "General Discussions." Please send us some pics of your favorite riding places!

Jerry
Web Site Admin
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage