Friday January 28st Joe Cotton's BBQ Robstown

JerryM100

Friday January 28st Joe Cotton's BBQ Robstown

Post by JerryM100 »

Bill,

I hope you don't mind if we crash your party, but Roger and I will be joining y'all for lunch on Friday in Robstown. I will be coming from Cypress (Houston) but Roger is riding down from Kansas City (about 900 miles!). He said he can't stand it any more and needs to escape the frozen Kansas tundra. Roger is the coordinator for the weekly Romeo rides for the Kansas City group. He is riding a silver Gold Wing down from KC.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Bill, and meeting some of your fellow riders!

Jerry in Cypress
2004 BMW K1200GT
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
Tumbleweed

Re: Friday January 28st Joe Cotton's BBQ Robstown

Post by Tumbleweed »

Jerry, As you have noticed Texas is a very hospitable place. We love people from the frozen North down here. I can't wait to see you guys and catch up. I am sure you will enjoy the diverse group from everywhere including north of the other border that ride with us each week. See you on Friday. -Tumbleweed :P
Life is not about the number of breaths you take. Its about the moments that take your breath away!

xpict

Post by xpict »

Boy - did the ROMEOS turn out for BBQ - I did not get a good count but it looked like about 50 riders and passengers, 30 or so bikes - all eating BBQ. Bill Sandlin, BROTHER BILL / FLYSPRAY was overheard saying Best BBQ ever - and he should know - he is our go 2 food man!

Roger Shores - Bill Kreitz - Jerry Matson

shoresr

Post by shoresr »

I am back in Kansas City. Thank you for all the hospitality that was extended to me on my visit to Joe Cotten's BBQ last Friday. As most of you know I left Kansas City, MO last Wednesday for the sole purpose of having lunch with the Texas Romeos. It was just a little 1800 mile lunch ride. :o Hey that might be a record ;) I returned back to 22 degrees in Kansas City on Sunday, 5 days and 2458 miles :mrgreen: I really enjoyed my trip. It was wonderful to meet so many nice people and to feel so welcome. Below are a few pictures I snapped at lunch. Later today I will post a complete ride report below Jerry and Bill's. I am very jealous that you guys are able to ride in such nice weather and today we have received 8 inches of snow with no end in sight with blizzard warnings in the forecast. :evil:

Thanks again,
Roger .... a Kansas City Romeo

If your interested, here is a link to all the pictures I took. Of course you get to see this everyday :mrgreen:

http://picasaweb.google.com/twowheels2e ... directlink

Attachments
Romeo Texas 2011 016.JPG
Tumbleweed and Sweet William--Bill and Bill
Tumbleweed and Sweet William--Bill and Bill
Romeo Texas 2011 019.JPG
Romeo Texas 2011 022.JPG
Romeo Texas 2011 023.JPG
Romeo Texas 2011 020.JPG
Romeo Texas 2011 021.JPG
Romeo Texas 2011 014.JPG