LONE OAK TAVERN, BOYCE, VA

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

LONE OAK TAVERN, BOYCE, VA

Post by shoresr »

Another beautiful day for a ride. Today, it was a lunch ride to the Lone Oak Tavern in Boyce, VA. A short but sweet ride. :D

The very good lunch, service and atmosphere was ruined for me by the SMOKING :o I can't remember the last time I ate at a restaurant that had ash trays on the tables. :x They do offer an unimpressive "closet" for the non-smokers. It is obvious who they are catering to. They do offer outdoor seating, but today the 10-20 mph wind made it less than desireable. They had a good menu and the food I saw looked very good, however I had to opt for SOS :roll: I can't remember the last time I saw cream chip beef on a menu, if ever :!: Reminded me of "Army Days".
b012image.jpg
She emptied it as I came in or it would have been full of "stinky butts."  I am an ex-smoker.  They are the worst.
She emptied it as I came in or it would have been full of "stinky butts." I am an ex-smoker. They are the worst.
b001image.jpg
b002image.jpg
They do offer outdoor seating
They do offer outdoor seating

After brunch, it was the Virginia State Arboretum. I was a little disappointed. I guess it is a little early in the year for most of their plants, plus it is the Blandy Experimental Farm

STATE ARBORETUM OF VIRGINIA
The Virginia State Arboretum stands in the central 172 acres of Blandy Experimental Farm, and surrounds the picturesque Historical Quarters building. Come explore our labelled tree and shrub collections that date back the early 1930’s from all over the world. Wandering through these remarkable plantings makes you feel as if you’re travelling through a foreign forest. Walk through the largest Conifer collection in the Southeast. Experience a 300 hundred tree Gingko grove in the fall season. Stand under our many towering Virginia State Champion trees. Browse America’s largest boxwood library and stroll down a Cedar of Lebanon allee. Bring the dog, the kids, or your favorite walking buddy next time you visit Virginia’s State Arboretum.

From the Arboretum it was a short ride to one of my favorites LONG BRANCH. It never disappoints me.
b004image.jpg
Front or back?
Front or back?
Back or Front?
Back or Front?
Stable
Stable
Beautiful entrance!
Beautiful entrance!

It was hard to leave Long Branch, but from there it was WHITE POST. I never get tired of riding past the WHITE POST.
b009image.jpg
b010image.jpg
Just south of White Post I found a new local brewery, TWISTED OAK FARM BREWERY. It is very close and looks like a place we should checkout. https://twistedoakfarmbrewery.com/
Twisted Oak Farm Brewery is the first farm brewery in Clarke County, Virginia. We offer high quality beer and beverages using farm grown and local ingredients for beer enthusiasts and families who are looking for something unique in a comfortable environment.
A new brewery in White Post!!!
A new brewery in White Post!!!
b014image.jpg
Here is a link to the track of this ride, if you want to ride it.
https://a.rever.co/rides/9495009