FARMER'S DAUGHTER, CAPON BRIDGE, WV

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

FARMER'S DAUGHTER, CAPON BRIDGE, WV

Post by shoresr »

Ralph wanted me to go with him to checkout a highly rated restaurant in Capon Bridge, WV, the Farmer's Daughter.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 162407.png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 162407.png (146.25 KiB) Viewed 94 times
b006image.jpg
BEST BURGER IN WEST VIRGINIA
BEST BURGER IN WEST VIRGINIA

https://www.farmersdaughterwv.com/

Farmer's Daughter
2908 NW Pike, Capon Bridge, WV

LOOK AT THAT, 4.8 STARS, ABOUT AS CLOSE AS YOU GET TO A PERFECT 5 STARS :o No wonder Ralph wanted to take the motorcycle club there. Plus it's a real nice ride to and from Capon Bridge.

We laughed at the cute signs that adorned the store
I said, "Well, we can't bring Cliff here"
I said, "Well, we can't bring Cliff here"
b002image.jpg
b004image.jpg
Now for the rest of the story.
Of course, we both ordered the "Best hamburger in West Virginia". I asked, "what are your sides", not seeing any listed on the menu. The waiter pointed to a rack in the middle of the store with nothing but bags of Route 11 potato chips on it. Fine, I said "I would have an unsweeten ice tea." He said, "the drinks are in the cooler, pickout what you want' :( The selection of drinks in the cooler left a lot to be desired. They didn't ever offer water except in 1 litre bottles. :shock: Ralph and I both picked some kind of lemon tea drink, that we had never heard of, which tasted terrible and I promptly dropped mine on the floor. :roll:

We knew the hamburger would make up for all the short coming. :D Wrong, it was less than spectacular. They did deliver our food to the three bar stools looking out the window. The only seating in the place. When Ralph asked if they had ketchup, he was given ONE of the little single serve Heinz packets. When it was delivered, Ralph asked if I wanted some ketchup, also. I said yes, and the waiter reluctantly went back to the kitchen and brought me ONE of the little Heinz ketchup packages.

Ralph and I remained civil through the whole ordeal, but we had a new understanding of what all those sign meant. I am sure not everyone was as nice and understanding as Ralph and I were. :roll:
THE BEST HAMBURGER IN WEST VIRGINIA!  A little different that the one pictured on their website.
THE BEST HAMBURGER IN WEST VIRGINIA! A little different that the one pictured on their website.
Gorgeous outdoor seating
Gorgeous outdoor seating
b008image.jpg

Thanks to Ralp and the weatherman, we really enjoyed the ride. ;)

https://go.rever.co/SoyEaN4OGIb