DAYTONA BIKE WEEK, SPACE X LAUNCH, WORLD EQUESTRIAN CENTER

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

DAYTONA BIKE WEEK, SPACE X LAUNCH, WORLD EQUESTRIAN CENTER

Post by shoresr »

We had a action packed trip to Daytona Bike Week.

The trip started with a stop in Savannah, GA. I had never been there and I had heard it was a gorgeous town and it is! Jeff, who was familiar with Savannah, created a REVER route through Savannah that included the cobble stone riverfront road, all the historic squares and the georgeous old homes. Gary said, "We need to bring the wives down here."

We enjoyed seeing all the exibitors at Bike Week. Gary found the 2024 CanAm Spyder had some good improvements. I got some very helpful "Cardo Edge Pointers" from Doug at Sierra Electronics.

The highlight of the trip was going to Cape Canaveral and seeing the Space X launch of 4 astronaunts to the International Space Station.

This exciting event was followed closely by seeing the $50,000 Grand Prix jumping event at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala. This is an unbelieveable equine facility of the "rich and famous" as you can see from the picutures.

It was great to see Fran and Brion again this year and we had dinner with them at Brian's BBQ in Deland. The BBQ had ties to Kansas City BBQ and Fran and Brion tried to give me a "taste of home" and they did.

I stopped by a Honda Dealer at four o'clock one afternoon and asked about an oil change? Expecting to be laughed out of the place with the normal answer of "sure in two weeks" I got an oil change and felt so guilty and impressed, I put on a rear tire. Since I had 22,000 miles on the tire, they were very pleased that I wasn't riding home on a tire that was down to the wear bars.

I completed and enjoyed all the suggested "Bike Week Rides" and ended up riding 2315 miles. A very good trip

Here is a link to the pictues I took including a video of the launch and a second of the re-entry of the booster.

Click here to see my pictures and videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/efMxppUBRdCZ64UF7

IMG_2463b.jpg