Missing/Deleted Photos from old posts

This forum is for tech "how-to" posts and to ask technical questions about the forums.
JerryM100

Missing/Deleted Photos from old posts

Post by JerryM100 »

This comes up from time to time so I thought I would make a post to answer people's questions about it. If you go back and look thru old posts prior to March 2016, you will find a lot of posts with missing pics. This happened when I did a large system upgrade and something happened in that process that corrupted the database. Fortunately, it was not totally corrupted but still we lost a lot of pics. In fact, the pics are still there, it's just the database that correlates the pics to the posts is corrupted so the posts can't find them. Very frustrating. Only happened once but now I am forever living with it.

I searched thru the old posts and the one I could find that references this event is when I did the large upgrade in March of 2016. You can read that post viewtopic.php?p=9335&hilit=missing+photos#p9335.

So that is a brief explanation of why there are so many missing pics. It's kinda good news because that means people are looking back thru those old historical posts. There is some very interesting content in there, some people spent a lot of time telling stories and the history of Romeo, etc.

Jerry M
Romeos Admin
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage